'Real World' Star Sean Sasser

Pedro Zamora's Boyfriend

Dead at 44

8/8/2013 10:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808-sean-sasser-pedro-zamoraSean Sasser -- who famously dated "Real World" star and AIDS activist Pedro Zamora back in the '90s -- has died after batting a rare form of lung cancer.

Sasser frequently appeared on MTV's "The Real World: San Francisco" ... and participated in a commitment ceremony with Pedro, before Zamora passed away from an AIDS-related illness in 1994. Sasser was HIV positive.

Judd Winick -- who also appeared on the show with Sean and Pedro -- broke the news of Sean's passing on his Twitter page Tuesday night ... saying:

"Our friend Sean Sasser has died. Our love goes out to his family & husband Michael. We will miss u so much."

Sasser was 44.

0808-sean-sasser-tweet
080813_real_world_sean_launch

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

gans

Aids is not an epidemic. Name one non-drug using straight white male who has contracted AIDS in the past 15 years. Some poor decisions have consequences.

BILL

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST......
GREAT SONG FROM A DEAD *** ENTERTAINER TO ANOTHER DEAD *** ENTERTAINER,
SO APPROPRIATE.

Horsegirl❤

Honestly, equine therapy works wonders. Geez, two pretty girls gone, in one week! These boyfriend/men/husbands problems. Amanda, Lindz, anyone with afflictions, horses are amazing therapy. My horse has saved my life. My horse is my true soulmate. Horses are considered expensive, but one can take lessons, lease, volunteer with equine therapy with disabled children. please no mean comments, I say this with compassion for women. "she flies without wings"!

Horsegirl❤

My apologies. iPhone's & TMZ. My comment was not for this story

gingentleman

The amount of hate in the comments here is quite appalling. When someone dies, it is not appropriate, in any fashion, to leave comments full of hatred and bigotry. You that are filled with hatred, just remember, one day you too, will die. Wouldn't it be just too perfect if no one cared at all. This man was a good man, he made a difference in people's lives with his charitable works and he will be missed and remembered by many. My sincere condolences to his husband, family and friends.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5