Scientology Leader's Wife

Cops Find Her

8/8/2013 7:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0808_scientology_logo_article_2
The LAPD has CLOSED its missing persons investigation involving the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige ... because cops had a face-to-face meeting with her ... TMZ has learned.

The investigation was launched after LAPD detectives received reports that Shelly Miscavige had not been seen publicly in 6 years.  As we previously reported, one of the people who contacted cops was actress Leah Remini.

Law enforcement tells TMZ they have determined the missing persons allegation is "unfounded."

One question we asked that we could not get answered ... Did cops determine Shelly was or was not being held against her will?

Nadiadamit

After all the speculations I knew U would get an answer in a day.. I knew it. I do agree that the whole thing is creepy weird. From what happened to Shelly's mom and to her suddenly.. "reappearing" .. thankful she is alive but to have to say that.. says its not good...what is "the hole" u know??? TMZ.. some confidence restored.. kudos.. its been a question for so long.. one day.. U go TMZ :)

GreatB

How does the LAPD close a missing person case other than by finding and verifying the identity of this person? There is no other procedure. I am glad that she is but I also hope this ridiculous waste of tax payer money has an end now.

GreatB

Mrs. Miscavige deserves her privacy just like anyone else. She should be left alone.

Pablo Escabar

She's a clone

David Miscavige-Cruise

Hey CO$ COB now show us Heber Jentzsch!!!!!! WHERE IS HEBER JENTZSCH??????!!!!!!

Claude

They brought her back from xenu

zoolady

Long before I knew any Scientologists, all of the press I read was exceptionally negative: a very long page Chicago Reader story about someone who committed suicide after losing all his money to the cult, which included the detail that they'd bought the Cult Awareness Hotline so people calling to try escape would be met on the other end with Scientologists. Then there was an LA Weekly article about a man who'd been in an accident that left him brain damaged whose whole settlement went to Scientology coffers. And the staff of an attorney who had sued the church told me that they sent people posing as Federal agents to his neighbors to tell them he was being investigated for child sexual abuse. So all that was a turn off, but then, I've met a few high-ranking and/or very successful Scientologists, and I can't say anything bad about these individuals, because they have been kind, focused, and frankly, helpful. At the end of the day, I'm a leader rather than follower, and I would classify my feelings toward the group as "ambivalent." I'm glad Shelly is alive and while she has no obligation to make herself heard, I'm sure that if she could present herself as an independent woman, perhaps, do an interview about Scientology's view on women, that people would be very interested in her perspective.

GreatB

NorCalNik

I'll just say it, Scientology is a ****ing joke and an evil cult. It is all about money and follows a brainwashing, retarded doctrine about space aliens or some ****! If you're a Scientologist, you're a moron. Get out now!

SpicyMagazine

All this time I thought she was thrown into a volcano. Thank god. Or thank the alien race from that horrible Travolta movie.,

Jo

How can they be sure it was her. Mmmmmm I'd delve further into this.

Hiisut

At this rate people will be able to get away with filing "missing person" reports on anyone they feel should be harassed. What a waste of money and police resources.

GreatB

Doesn't the LAPD have enough to do already?

GreatB

Isn't it a crime to file a false allegation?

GambinoBambino

Here is the bigger picture: This is an attack against the Miscavige family, hard-working people whose efforts are clearly to create a better world for all of us. They get attacked by a bunch of crooks who try to keep the police busy with false claims and allegations. If something needs to be killed here then it is the bigotry of those fanatics!