Ben Affleck

I Told Lindsay

How To Stay Sober

8/12/2013 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0812_ben_affleck_lindsay_lohan_Article_tmz
Lindsay Lohan
got a surprise visit while she was ensconced in rehab -- we found out Ben Affleck had a secret meeting with her as a show of support.

Affleck -- who himself was in rehab back in 2001 -- met Lindsay somewhere away from the Cliffside rehab facility in Malibu where Lindsay was getting treatment.  We're told Ben gave her guidance on how to maintain sobriety after rehab for someone in Hollywood.

We're told Ben talked to Lindsay about how to make a comeback in Hollywood -- a subject on which he's an expert.  Ben talked to Lindsay about her career -- on how talented she is and how she has the ability to turn things around.

Ben also told her how supportive the entertainment community is for people who make a real effort to get better and stay clean.  Our sources say the meeting really touched her.

The meeting was not about Lindsay appearing in Ben's new movie, "Live By Night."  Lindsay will not be in the flick.

jc

Hold on!!! Back the hell up!!!
"met Lindsay somewhere away from the Cliffside rehab facility in Malibu where Lindsay was getting treatment"
I thought the SLAG wasn't suppose to leave the treatment center......oh, and I thought that Judge Dabney told her she was not to drive at all...WTF?

Mikey

Lohan's last movie The Canyons only made $30,000, thats 30 thousand dollars. She has no career.

Blkboots

Quick head before rehab? Lol. Naw I hope she makes a comeback. Amanda Bynes down, lilo up. Ha!

fleabag73

30K, yyep, THERE'S that comeback Crackie!

Sam

2 hours ago.....

"Hello Michael, it's me Dina, are you gonna run that Lindsay looks healthy story on ROL or TMZ, cause I wanna get my Ben met Lindsay outside rehab story up and I don't want to overlap you."

Ali

This is nice to hear. I hope/wish he'd go and see Amanda Bynes as well as she is very, very ill and could use any support she can get.

I hope Lindsay is strong enough to do it.

GJ

This is just sad that her parents are that desperate that they would have to sell these stories. Their daughter doesn't stand a chance. Sorry but they are going to drag her down forever and her chances for a comeback are expired.

Diamond Goddess!

I like Ben.
That is all.
(LOLs!!!)

Reed

I don't understand how she gets to leave the building for these meetings? Was she getting special treatment because they are so called celebrities? The rehab was court ordered not her entering on her own. The industry must have stardust in their eyes because if "' LIz and Dick" and "The Canyons" are highlighting her talent, I can see why Ben Affleck didn't put her in his movie. She just isn't a good actress anymore.

Sam

I hope someone brings this barrel of horschit to Ben's PR people ASAP before DUina's next thread, "Ben Leaves Jen For Lindsay"

Sam

Is the "Robert Downey Jr. Offers Lindsay a Part In Ironman 4" story far behind?

janet

If true. Turned down flat. For god sakes the man was simply being polite.

french opinion

Yawn.

FUTMZ

How 'bout that, "Judge" Missingjay...... Linds still does what she wants, even if it means disregarding your direct orders. We all know that you're WAY too much of a weenie to back your judicial orders up.

Kabala

He just wanted to bone her while she was vulnerable.