Paula Deen

Wins Racial Lawsuit

That Destroyed Her

8/12/2013 1:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0628_paula_deen_article_tmz_1In one of the most supremely ironic court decisions in a long time, a judge just threw out the racial discrimination claim filed against Paula Deen -- the very lawsuit that destroyed the famous chef.

A judge just ruled ... Lisa Jackson had no right to claim racial discrimination, BECAUSE SHE'S WHITE!  Any comments that Deen or her cohorts may have made had no legal consequence to her, because she's simply not the right color.

Jackson made a tenuous argument that someone in her family was bi-racial -- something that may not be true at all.  But the judge said even if it were true, she was at best an "accidental victim."

Short story -- Jackson ruined Paula with a bogus claim.

The case goes on, because Jackson also claims sexual discrimination, and so far there's not basis to doubt that she's a woman.

0628_companies_dropped_paula_deen_footer

dreamer4u

Regardless Paula was WRONG..lawsuit or not she has no right to treat people the way she does..I am glad this happened to her, now she can get off her "high horse" and come down to earth..

Twoshay

Her reputation is already ruined and she will probably never make a come back.

mary collins finn

I fail to understand why so many people and the media think the whole lawsuit was about the n word. It wasn't. It was about a culture of racial and sexual harrassment fostered in the Deane enterprises and perpetrated without restraint by Deane's brother. The allegations paint a horrendous picture and I trust tht some of the employees on whose behalf the managerial employee brought the racial discrimination portion of the suit will go ahead and sue. The sexual portion of the suit will proceed. Deane and her family of racists need to be shut down permanently.

Sally

This case does not mean that Paul Deen is not guilty.

jay

Deen ,stick to you frie tomato and your banana split,dont talk about anything else

HeeHee

Glad she won and the black bitch lost.

Bob

I wonder how all those people and companies feel now after they rushed to judgement. I, for one, will not purchase anything from the companies that dumped Paula until they issue an apology and re-instate her. I won't be holding my breath.....

gary

Well...justice prevails! FINALLY!!!
Whoever that "Lisa Jackson" bitch is should be beaten to a pulp or, at the very least, sued BIG TIME
for her slander and false accusations.
You don't have to know Paula Deen personally to
realize what a huge heart she has - filled with compassion, decency and love towards other human beings.
The sponsor's who dumped her should be, justifiably, embarrassed and something should be done to boycott them. Shame on them!!!
I thought we lived in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty!!
I hope and pray that Paula can go on with her
life and let this nightmare be a tragic thing of
the past.
No human being deserves the cruel and vicious
treatment she endured.
PAULA DEEN ROCKS!!!!!!!!

june whetstine

I love Paula Deen's products and will always be a supporter of hers.If she was so offensive to black people why didn't they come forward?I'm so sick of all this racial garbage.It's dividing the country and making people that weren't ever racist into racists.

beth ward

Boo Hoo you knew when MLK was assasinated and there is NO excuse tor you;

beth ward

Boo Hoo you knew when MLK was assasinate and there is NO excuse tor you;

beth ward

Liar, Liar PANTS on fire!!!!

Reese

The racial discrimination part of the lawsuit was not thrown out because Lisa Jackson is white, it was because, quote, "There are no allegations that defendant Hiers's racially offensive comments were either directed toward plaintiff or made with the intent to harass her."

jay

Deen,take my advice,stick to your banana split and fries crocodiles and turtles and dont talk about anythingelse

june whetstine

I have always been a fan of Paula Deen and her products.I'm very sick of all this racism talk.It is dividing the country.Wondering why no blacks came forward to back this lying POS?I hope Paula can come back from this and tell those cowards where to go.