'That '70s Show' Star

Dead at 43

8/15/2013 5:50 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2013 12:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_lisa_robin_kelly_getty2Lisa Robin Kelly -- who played Eric Forman's older sister on "That '70s Show" --  has died ... TMZ has learned.

The 43-year-old actress passed away in her sleep Wednesday night at a rehab facility in California.

We spoke with Kelly's agent who tells us the actress had just voluntarily checked herself in for treatment for an alcohol problem this past week ... and was determined to clean herself up.

The agent tells us, "She had been fighting demons for a while and finally lost her battle."

0815_lisa_at_the_scene
Sources tell us Lisa had been in and out of rehab centers hoping to kick her alcohol problem ... and most recently fell off the wagon after a huge dispute with her estranged husband Robert Gilliam.

Sources say ... Kelly's estranged husband beat her last May to obtain residual money from her show. He was convicted of domestic battery last month and sentenced to 3 years probation. He also served 35 days in jail for the beating.

Lisa filed for divorce from Gilliam back in July.

We're told Lisa's new boyfriend brought her to rehab again on Monday ... but she went into cardiac arrest late Wednesday night and could not be saved.

The boyfriend blames her estranged husband for the relapse.

Sources connected with the attempted rescue tell TMZ ... when emergency responders arrived at the rehab facility, they found needle marks on both of Lisa's arms.

However, her BF tells us the reason for the needle marks is that he took Lisa to a hospital on Sunday -- because she had a .34 blood alcohol level ... and nurses made multiple attempts to insert a needle into her vein to extract blood.

After several attempts, medical personnel were able to use a vein on the top of Lisa's wrist.

Kelly had been troubled for the past couple of years -- she was arrested at least 4 times in the past 3 years for DUI, spousal abuse and assault.

0815_lisa_robin_kelly_mugsBesides "That '70s Show," Kelly had appeared in several TV shows and movies including "Amityville Dollhouse."

0815_lisa_robin_kelly_remembering_footer

Sherms

Now how in the HELL did she get into a rehab facility with needles and drugs???? Top notch facility, it seems.

Blonde Ambition

She ain't suffering anymore. RIP

Virtual Insanity

I loved her on That 70's Show. Sad loss.

chantel smith

ok

Paul Joe DeAguero

You know, most people are wanted to be "Remembered" by Others when they come into the "spotlight". Time goes and every now in then Thier Names do come up. People remember what they have done and so on. But when most People out here look at, "Oh, They was a great Actress or a great Actor. They will be missed" and that is the way it should be. Because ounce a Viewer has selected a T.V. show or Movie, that Actress or Actor or Singer or Entertainer,ect. has become so much of that person's life, that when They do die, a little of us has died with Them too, even though we are not in Thier physical precence.Lisa, I did watch You on the "70's Show. I could no longer smoke the "weed', cause I found out I was allergic to it, it would stay in my system tearing up my mind for months. But I did find some satisfaction from what You portrayed as, "A Blonde, always stealing boyfriends" and an in that and You all having Fun getting "Stoned", I will always Love and Miss You for that. God go with You kelly and may You be in His Precence, Cracking Him up.

chantel smith

ok.....

Calico

How very sad. Addiction is a B!tch.
I hope she can now embrace the peace she deserves.

LightJ

Omg, that is so sad. i'm o sorry. I hope she rests in peace but I'm so upset. I really loved her on That 70's show. :( I was hoping she would defeat her demons. :/

JOAN

QWhy do some have so many problems? So sad!! RIP

PictureUp

quite tragic and and the same time a warning for others who think they can handle drugs and liquor.this can happen to any of us!

AJ

Everyone wants to be a big, big star and when it doesn't happen, they can't take it. I think she wanted to be another Meg Ryan. There is only one Meg Ryan though.

Belizeanborn

Truly sad that her life ended this way. This is a lesson for Lindsay Lohan & others who continue in this lifestyle thinking they have control.

Horsegirl❤

Honestly, equine therapy works wonders. Geez, two pretty girls gone, in one week! These boyfriend/men/husbands problems. Amanda, Lindz, anyone with afflictions, horses are amazing therapy. My horse has saved my life. My horse is my true soulmate. Horses are considered expensive, but one can take lessons, lease, volunteer with equine therapy with disabled children. please no mean comments, I say this with compassion for women. "she flies without wings"!

Vote2012

Sad.....it is really unfortunate how many of these actors end up like this.

Fervor 1

RIP. Lisa, we'll always remember you as the grade A piece of ass you were.