Katie Couric to Kim K.

I'm Sawwwy

I Don't Hate Your Family

8/16/2013 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0816_katy_couric_kim_kardashian_ipad_tmz
Katie Couric insists her baby gift to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West was not a fake Hollywood gesture -- and says her comments about Kim's family were taken out of context.

Kim put Katie on blast today when she Instagrammed a pic of Katie's gift and card with the hashtag #IHateFakeMediaFriends.

Kim was pissed because Katie recently said in an interview that she didn't understand why the Kardashians are famous.

Now Katie's explaining the comment, saying ... "I've met Kim before and I think she's a really sweet person.  I was responding to a reporter's question, and explaining how I'm intrigued by the public's fascination with her family."

She added, "I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings."

As for the gift, Katie says ... "The gift is genuine, and I'm happy for Kim and Kanye."

We're guessing Katie can still expect something in the mail.

Cartman

Katie Couric is a huge bitch. And I'm not a fan of Kim's although she earns her money fair and square so no hate either.

Lisa

Kim, you could have returned her gift the way the Duchess returned your clothes - quietly and discreet. That's class. You should get some.

Rusty Shackleford

what an ungrateful bitch kim is.

Dina

Please let Kim know the definition of intrigued.

Alessa

Look who's talking about FAKE hahahahahaha
No kidding the Queen of the Fakes is offended bitch please, and yeah why are you famous for?
she's pissed off cause she knows the answer, shes famous for copulate for a video and showing her fat labia ewwwwww cmon FaKim answer Katie, why are you famous for?!

Queen.of.the.Obvious

Aww don't back peddle, Katie. Smh... have somw balls. This exactly what Kardashian bunch expects of everyone. @@ They hardly deserve to have their collective ass kissed. Besides, I don't see what the big deal is. Kim was asked (by Oprah, I believe) and she fully acknowledged that she is famous because of the tape. She also tried ti say that she's some sort of fashion designer or something bogus like thst, but she did wholeheartedly admit that the tape is her foundation of fame. So, whatever. There's nothing wrong with questioning or stating the obvious, especially in regards to this good for nothing family. Kanye's mom is probably rolling over in her grave...

Y.T. Houx

i had no respect for couric,, but then earlier today I had some respect for her, but after reading this i am back to zero respect

Kathy

Seriously! Katie is one of those that acts sweet on the outside but mocks on the inside just as she did with Sarah Palin and then she says she's sorry this is how she gets her point across

Dina

Chelsea Handler asked the same question, but you still appeared on her show.

my 2 cents

Katie -Kim bashes you in public and you apologize ?

Faunmax

The over exposed Kardashian family isn't happy unless they're making news. I wish they just go away quietly.

barnyardhumor

I' m not a Katie fan but she certainly has it all over that skank Kardashian. Team Katie!

luckycat

KATIE,FAKE MEDIA FRIEND,TAKE THAT FROM A REAL MEDIA WHORE.

J-Rock

Maybe Kim should try to come up with an answer to why she's famous before she goes getting all offended when other people wonder.

beachgal

Hey K-kow, thanx for reminding us how classless, talentless and useless ya are by complaining about a gift from media who said for the billionth time that yer popularity is based on vapor