50 Cent Lawsuit

I LOST 'Cause I'm Black

8/18/2013 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_50_cent_article_tmz
50 Cent says he got SCREWED in court recently because the judge was a rap-hating RACIST ... and now he wants the allegedly bias ruling overturned ... this according to court docs.

Earlier this year 50 and company called Sleek Audio were embroiled in a bitter lawsuit. 50 claimed Sleek owed him over $261,000. Sleek said otherwise. The case went to arbitration -- a binding process in which an arbitrator picks the winner.

Bad news for 50, the arbitrator sided with Sleek (the final $$$ judgement was kept under wraps).

But 50 refuses to go gently into that good night ... and is taking the battle to federal court -- claiming the arbitration judge discriminated against him because he's black, associates with controversial African-American figures AND because he's a high profile rap artist.

Specifically ... 50 says the bias ran so deep the judge didn't allow him to cross-examine witnesses and refused to look at evidence pertaining to the case. Pretty bold claims.

He wants the award axed ASAP and is asking for a new hearing ... where he says he'll prove the judge was out to get him from the get go.

Sleek fired back too ... claiming 50's allegations of racism are a desperate attempt to avoid the arbitration decision and get it brought before an actual court.

0819_50_cent_through_years_footer

Kel

I don't like Rap music. However! I do have respect for this rapper. Any other rapper I may question it. We'll see in due time.

R

His race card ain't worth 2 cent.

Karen

It sounds like a case that should have been in court to begin with. But I do get tired of the "it was racist" whining...

Double Bubble

So in other news...A black guy guy attacks white people in an Outback restaurant in Cedar Rapids.. Never heard about it? Didn't think so, since its black on white crime... Oprah doesnt get the service she is accustomed to (boo hoo) and 50 doesnt get what he wants and that is somehow newsworthy and race related... Granted these people were not celebrities, but.. they're actual victims unlike Oprah and 50.

Kadaj

Dear 50....

You are NOT a high profile rap artist. You haven't been hot or relevant in ten years. Sit down twitter twit.

HillBullay

I'm pulling my furry card.

chuck

BS

geo

Do you know the way to Zimbabwe?

DGB

I think he's worth around $200 million or so. I think he can afford to put the race card back in his pocket.

Reality Check

Worthless piece of crap... Wanted to comment more, but Stiletto captured the correct assessment of "half a cent" so perfectly, I need not add anything. I continue to laugh every time I see this worthless thug... Back to the ghetto then if it ain't fair, whiner.

Trash

This just in...racism claims no longer have merit. It has been used and abused to the point Nobody and I mean nobody buys it anymore. Blacks need to find a new crutch to use. The race card is forever broken. Congrats to those who have abused it and made it where someone with a real claim will just be laughed at.

HatersGonnaHate

Us black folks don't want him either! He can get to steppin', he pretty much disowned us and now he wants us to take him back. Keep it movin' 50....

Piper

So what is your point? Everyone is racist. You are Racist. Blacks are more God Damn racist than whites so **** your pie hole!

all about the money

And I hope if the feds uphold the lower courts decisions, 50 cent looses his "race" card for life. He pretty much called in every angle on the color debate.

Double Bubble

This whole thread is like the Dave Chappelle episode "Racial Draft"... The blacks dont want 50.. The whites dont want 50...maybe the asians will take him