Bad Boy Ent.

Sued By Unpaid Intern

How Dare You Make Me Get Coffee?!

8/20/2013 7:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0515_p_diddy_getty_articleSean Combs is a corporate tyrant who had the audacity to force an unpaid intern to ... gasp ... GET COFFEE ... this according a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

The ungrateful person behind the suit is Rashida Salaam -- who claims she took a gig as an unpaid intern for Bad Boy Entertainment from January 2012 to May 2012 and couldn't BELIEVE the kinds of work they had her do for free:

-- answering telephones
-- getting lunch and coffee for paid employees
-- making deliveries
-- gift-wrapping presents
-- decorating the office during holidays

Just torture ...

Salaam probably has a real case, thanks to recent changes in the law regarding unpaid internships (no more free labor for course credit) ... but we're guessing she's probably hurting her chance at landing a full-time gig with the company by filing the suit.

We reached out to BBE for comment -- so far, no word back.

kris

Sounds kinda like all internship job descriptions. I had to get coffee, wrap presents, run errands, copy things and answer the phone. What, did she think she was going to do.....start at the top? Not good to show you are difficult right out of the gate....and have the media get involved....good luck staying in the industry. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Hmmm... must've confused internship with externship.

Sher

I am sorry, but I am going to bet you ANY amount of money that this complainer is black. This IS the attitude that I have worked with SO much, and I am talking about PAID employees. They want to earn money, but they don't want to work. In THIS case, law or no law, if you ACCEPT a non-paid intern job, you get what you signed up for!! Where does this entitlement crap come from? OH, that's right, the 'race' card that none of us have on our side. She will probably win.

Jason

hence "unpaid intern" what did they expect, to do nothing?

Nancy

What holiday did she decorate for between January and May?

Aurora K. Hall

I work at Home with Google. It's by-far the nicest job I have had. I've made $64,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Here is what I do, Bling6.com

leah

Nobody piece of crap diddy

Lola

Someone should remind him where he came from and where he might end up again.

blake

how u can be forced

TheMasterChimp

These folks are very lazy. You know who I am talking about...

Zelganon

The article is simply embarrassing, as if unpaid interns should be "grateful" for nobody knows what.

I also bet that many readers here are college dropouts, that's probably why they think that working for free is something "normal" and "that's what an internship is all about".

In several european countries "unpaid internships" are simply OUTLAWED, jerks.

21stofseptember@gmail.com

If its an unpaid intern... why do you expect to get paid. My internship at the salvation army was unpaid, and i help people find a place to leave, a job, and foreclosure assistance program

lara

So a person applied and interviewed to be an intern. Known unpaid job to boost resume.This is what interns do.

nic fury

"Bitch...I thought I told you that we don't stop."

Nue

lmaoooooo he is OD PISSED, this is his interns response http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KCe2z5Hqd0

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments