Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

coolfish

daaayyyymn shaaayyyyyme !!!

Huy

Dear Miller,
I'm so proud bout your self asserting including your action and So shoched in you are 41!!!!!!! it's too younger with your ages
Good luck to you
David

Huy

Dear Miller,
I would like to said that you are the most in my idol and to be proud about you of the 3 th world. How many people look like you in dare to themselves asserting also you has been refusing the kindly invitation from Russia' s event.
I would like to wish you with all of my best wishes are happiness, more success and good health.
Thanks
With Best Regards
Huy

louis

Get back into your closet PERMANENTLY !!!

NOT ELMO

Wentworth Miller I'm Gay................i Hear He is a Powerful Bottom

janet

He's gay wow what a no surprise. Russia is not going to loose any sleep.

rich

good for him!!!!!!

NEOVIZION

You know, I am fine with gay people. I just don't want to hear about in parades and crap. Now a days everybody has to be an attention whore.

OhBilly

Well duh!

Mayu

Let me just say here and now... it's time I made this announcement myself. Please forgive me for any hurt this may cause my family but... I'm STRAIGHT!!! I KNOW I am so sorry. (In reality, most people give the same amount of sh!ts about people coming out as Gay.) I'm kind of standing behind Russia on this. Not that being Gay is illegal... just, it would be nice if they'd shut up about it already and stop trying to force feed it to us. You can't turn around without someone talking about how they're gay. It would be like me turning around and talking about me being straight, or the struggles I've had as an Asian with a few extra pounds. Enough is freakin enough already. Just shut up and live your life. If your life is all about your sexuality... you're F'ed up. Get a hobby. Do macrame, I don't know... write poetry. Define yourself by something other than your sexuality and stop looking for kudos for screwing someone of the same sex. If you want equality... stop acting so damned entitled all the time.

ibjonnyc

You are sticking nothing to Putin you little pole-smoking ***********. Even if you did manage to get close enough to stick him there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he would just easily kick your ass.

gioudis

He's been out for years.

werd

Now we know the real reason he broke "IN" to jail :P

PrussianBlue

Irony = Promoting tolerance by being intolerant of intolerance.

Karla

Ok so you are gay..now what. Because if this actor thinks that Putin cares or will change anything because of his absence then he knows little about that Country and the man running it.