Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

w

typical gay liberals, force everyone to accept them but can't accept anyone else's opinion. hypocrites

w

hahah can you picture Obama on a horse with his shirt off, more like a donkey would suit him better.

honesty

Wentworth only came out to turn down a Russian invitation because of in Russia now it is illegal to even appear gay, or say you have a gay friend you like, you will be arrested. It is so enlightening to see so many Right Wing Christians on here taking Russia's side. I am sure Russia would let your move over there if you like how they do things.

Patti

I hate to break it to Wentworth but Putin is more likely to be asking who he is rather than worrying about his absence.

Ya Mon

HE Ho Ho Russia Laughs at the lito Fairy Boy..That what makes Amerika weak ..DA

MissKnownUnknown

I thought he was out already?? What a waste though..

Maroldhelvin

Damn .. Another gay black man .. Well half black man .. I think his white side is his gay side

Smedley

Another homo who's throwing a hissy fit because someone doesn't agree with their creepy lifestyle. Get over it!!!

mcastelanos

who cares leave russia alone what do you expect every where to except gay people like back iff you already got what you wanted here in CA stop bothering other countries its annoying focus on other stuff that are happing like come on get over your self!!

don

Smoking hot. Beautiful lips. Yowser.

Lori

For some reason, I keep thinking how excited the character of Jack from "Will and Grace" would be to know that the star of a prison show is gay. LOL. Glad he felt comfortable enough to talk about it!

manbearpig

the most unrealistic thing about that show prison break is the premise that a nancy boy like wentworth miller would ever escape prison. prison is almost paradise for a fruit with all those available savages just wanting to stick their pecker up someone's bunghole.

Ati kh

oh yeah!!f u putin :)

Ati kh

oh yeah...I do agree...

gary

Aside from the fact that Wentworth Miller is incredibly handsome, and that his starring role in "Prison Break" made it among my top 3 favorites in TV history, he has made a bold and brave statement regarding his private life. As an American and as a gay man, I am immensely proud of him and respect his announcement in "coming out" and keeping his head high.
I have only 4 words for the homophobics of the world..."KEEP YOUR MOUTH'S SHUT".
Wentworth Miller is a great actor and a strong role model who has provided inspiration to us all.
Wentworth...We need you back...PLEASE!