Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

BB not bb

That people are perverted and wish to announce it to the world is just in bad taste. If some people don't want to see that on their streets, then that is their prerogative If he is so proud to be Russian and loves Russian culture so much, why can't he just cooperate for the short time he is there and keep his mouth shut?

No one wants to imagine what sick things are a part of your love life. It is already disturbing a lot of women here to hear that he is gay. To me, he looks like a boring guy who I wouldn't care less what he thinks.

He took a stand for what is right in his mind, or so they say. Maybe he took a stand for the new cause of decadence that it just the boldness of evil challenging the good.

Wentworth's intellectual worth is going, going gone..

BB not bb

Miller is of multiethnic origin: his father is of African-American, Jamaican, English, German, Jewish, and Cherokee background, and his mother is of Russian, French, Dutch, Syrian, and Lebanese ancestry.[3][4][5][6] He has stated, "My father is black and my mother is white. Therefore, I could answer to either, which kind of makes me a racial Lone Ranger, at times, caught between two communities".[7]

The way all of this boils down, I think he comes out like a middle Easterner. I don't know that they identify themselves as black. They don't identify as white either. I think he is like the new paradigm the media is pushing to get people to accept middle eastern influence and culture. The gay thing is just another aspect of the brave new world they are trying to create.

How do you have a whole TV series about a prison break anyway? Don't you either just break out or not? It sounds pretty frustrating to watch someone fail at escaping week after week.

To be honest, one of the most terrifyingly disgusting places I have ever been is the West Village in NYC. It is full of the types of gays that will tongue kiss in broad daylight blocking the entrance to stores. People really don't need to see that. Thanks.

Virgínia

Already admired him as an actor, I admire him now more as a human being, by nature, the almost heroic disposition and its sensitivity to the problem that affects thousands of people.

Peter Lustig

This is my comment.

Betty

Damn

Rev Donald Spitz

Wentworth Miller is a pig. Homosexuality should be criminalized. Homosexuals commit crimes against God, against nature, against the Holy Bible and against the human race.
After reading this I now know why God wrote:
Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Dan

So what

Adam Hurt

Interesting timing, he wouldn't come out during Prison Break to keep the ratings but is challenging Russia? Maybe bravery can be selective? Why do people define themselves with there sexuality anyway? You will tie your shoes more than you will have sex in this life. In that case, I'm a single loop American

Val

"Closet Break"

Studley Buck

Miller is a depraved, disgusting dork.

Xianne

Nooooooooooooooo.............

Lala

Holy **** another gay...wtf is the deal ? Hmmmm more aids I guess??? 😂😂😂😂😂

annie

I don't find it odd at all that you are attracted to whoever you're attracted to. you just know it all at once when you get to that stage in life. what I find weird and sick is the anger people have towards gays.... it implies something is messed up to think in detail about gays making love - normal people that are loving and friendly to gays don't obsess what 2 people choose to do in bed! LOL

God bless this guy, he's doing his part to help things change and they will!

Wendell

Putin is morally correct! Miller is a pervert...

eqquesz

Every Qu##r in TV/Film must be thinking of the Children when they want to say they are coming out into their Filthy Homosexual Lifestyle. - This was well planned for the BGLQT community- Stupid parents are buying into it too; there will be more @ss eyballin in the Gym locker rooms because of this media filth