Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

Virgínia

Already admired him as an actor, I admire him now more as a human being, by nature, the almost heroic disposition and its sensitivity to the problem that affects thousands of people.

Peter Lustig

This is my comment.

Betty

Damn

Rev Donald Spitz

Wentworth Miller is a pig. Homosexuality should be criminalized. Homosexuals commit crimes against God, against nature, against the Holy Bible and against the human race.
After reading this I now know why God wrote:
Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Dan

So what

Adam Hurt

Interesting timing, he wouldn't come out during Prison Break to keep the ratings but is challenging Russia? Maybe bravery can be selective? Why do people define themselves with there sexuality anyway? You will tie your shoes more than you will have sex in this life. In that case, I'm a single loop American

Val

"Closet Break"

Studley Buck

Miller is a depraved, disgusting dork.

Xianne

Nooooooooooooooo.............

Lala

Holy **** another gay...wtf is the deal ? Hmmmm more aids I guess??? 😂😂😂😂😂

annie

I don't find it odd at all that you are attracted to whoever you're attracted to. you just know it all at once when you get to that stage in life. what I find weird and sick is the anger people have towards gays.... it implies something is messed up to think in detail about gays making love - normal people that are loving and friendly to gays don't obsess what 2 people choose to do in bed! LOL

God bless this guy, he's doing his part to help things change and they will!

Wendell

Putin is morally correct! Miller is a pervert...

eqquesz

Every Qu##r in TV/Film must be thinking of the Children when they want to say they are coming out into their Filthy Homosexual Lifestyle. - This was well planned for the BGLQT community- Stupid parents are buying into it too; there will be more @ss eyballin in the Gym locker rooms because of this media filth

TRUTH

ALL THE GAYS ..DIE WITH AIDS ..AND BURN IN HELL

az-heat

It is sad that we have so many people that carry so much hate for people that are different that what we think they are or should be. My nephew is guy and one of the nicest people you would ever meet. I have gay friends that are true friends and I love them too. They know I am not gay and respect that and I respect them We need more understanding and acceptance in this world. Let God be the judge not you.