Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

David

I think it's great that he felt so strongly about the issue that he came out this way. It's no one's business, and it takes some guts to say so even in 2013. He didn't come out because it was a slow news day, or he wanted to make an announcement, he came out because he was invited to a film festival and felt he couldn't go in good conscience. Much respect...

Nfsgirl

I just shed a tear. I love him. I loved lance bass in hs too. Scary what that says of my taste in men.

CoconutScrimp

Isn't that homophobic to say that Wentworth sticks it to Putin, when someone sticks it to Wentworth.

porkchop

How did I all ready know this?

Rusty Shackleford

are there ANY straight people left in california?

if not just let me know when the population has all died off so i can come out there and lay claim to some abandoned mansions...

alliekat

GOOD FOR HIM! I'm proud of him for doing this. We need more actors (gay and straight) giving the finger to those morons over there.

tgrfan42069

thes hollywood ****tards can not stand it.that a nation refuses to lie to the gays

Mike L

I thought we all knew he was a phaggot?

Truth

Truth is nobody likes Gays except for other gays and Politicians who want their vote.

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

I'm more interested in that corny picture of Putin

Dennis

Unlike that douchebag Greg Louganis, who thinks his profession is more important, this is a real man!

She's baaaack

I mean no offense to gay men but I think Putin doth protest too much.

CryWolf854

Is there something in the air in California that is causing these celebrities to OD, commit suicide, or come out? We've had 1 TV get catfished, 1 OD, 2 suicides, 3 "Hey, hey I'm gay!" announcements, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Kimberley Sterling

Wentworth Miller is GAY... Im totally, utterly D.E.V.A.S.T.A.T.E.D No offence to gay peeps, but Im one lady that wanted 2 love that man. Im so heartbroken, but I wish him the very, very best. I'll mourn silently that there will be no mini Wentworth's running around. :-(

SunnyAutumn

My gaydar didn't malfunction. Harvey is batting his eyelashes still.