Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

SSinOC

This will really upset Russia that a gay guy won't be visiting.

Metta Worldhate

Like gay-gay or prison-gay

damienevil

but he had no problem staying in cali after they passed anti gay marriage..maybe if russia affected his bottom line he would go

John Smith

Does anybody really care? Truly it's not a big deal anymore to declare you're gay, even if your Russian. This is more of a "look at me, look at me" pathetic 12 year old stunt.

SuperGrub

Who?

twocentz

He has probably got something to promote soon. PR timing and stunts. And c'mon we knew he was gay already.

Chucky Mapoo

Now Vladimir Putin's photos can be explained... they're what's known as Gay Bait

Jen

I'm glad he came out! Every gay man should.

Chucky Mapoo

Vladimir Putin was Gay til Inauguration Day

V3r0n1ca0911

This is old news!! Update your **** TMZ!!!

pATTI GARDNER

I just love your show I watch it everyday make my doctors app after your on so I wont miss it but I tape it but your on at 900 am so might as well stay home home then go after well I:m long winded thanks for hearing me out love to you all your friend Patti one day maybe I can meet if I come your way have a safe one see I told you I was long winded

Truth

Gay will stop being "news" when gay people STOP SHOVING IT IN EVERYONE'S FACE EVERY DAY. Which, will never happen. Gays think they are special or something.

Reggie4Now

41 really...

I'm Awesome admit it

NO ONE CARES QUIT COMING OUT CAUSE NONE OF US GIVE FU....

olu32