'Hell's Kitchen' Winner

FAILED DRUG TEST

8/23/2013 6:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_janel_witt_article_getty
"Hell's Kitchen" champ Ja'Nel Witt tested positive for cocaine ... and that's why she wasn't allowed to accept the head-chef position at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Vegas ... TMZ has learned.

Talk about blowing a huge opportunity ...

Sources extremely familiar with the situation tell us ... Caesars Palace required Witt to submit to a drug test in order to take the job as head chef at the Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, the position she earned after winning Season 11 of "Hell's Kitchen" earlier this year.

FYI -- Caesars has a notoriously strict drug policy ... and requires all employees to submit to drug testing.

But Witt bombed her test -- one source tells us she "failed miserably" -- and when Caesars found out ... they quickly kicked her ass to the curb.

But there is a silver lining for Witt -- we're told she WILL receive the $250k salary ... despite the fact she won't spend a single day in the kitchen.

Fun Fact -- $250,000 can buy roughly 10 kilos of cocaine ... depending on the quality.

Attempts to reach Ja'Nel were not successful.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

train wreck

I'm watching Firefly right now.

Witridoij

I thought this was going to be about weed but damn cocaine?

Catrina

What an idiot!

Kemosabe

Rather have nose candy than a career? Dumb.

HoTMZ

There goes her career. I wouldn't want my food prepared by a coke head. She should make that many last a very long time.

BurgundyLee

Bitch! You were given an amazing opportunity & threw it all away over COCAINE! You don't deserve the money, & you didn't deserve to win!

Who cares

Lol dum bitch

Dead account Delete at will

Buahahahahahaha
Party your a$$ off cuz you won and you lose your job. Your such a loser! a failure, horrible role model.
and incredibly f**king stupid!!!!!!

Dead account Delete at will

Gordon probably gave it to her so he could fire her

mallball

So gon clap for Sosa

hippie

Over 2 pounds of coke for $25000? Maybe my math is all farked up, but for once I think this is an underestimation vs most times they wanna value drugs bagged up in the smallest quantity to present the most value that it possibly could have. Or maybe the shiz would be walked all over and cut the fark up, idk... Still Coke gets out of your system in 3-5 days, girl didnt know when she was gonna get tested? I find that a bit hard to fathom, but I'm sure plenty of kitchen doors will be open to her, and even accept the habit...

charlei harper

personal issues my a$$...

chichi

Hells kitchen should reward the runner-up, this is not fair to the other contestants! I love Ramsey but I will stop watching Hells and Masters along with others I know. TOTALLY UNFAIR and she don`t deserve that apron or the money. Here we go again REWARDING illegal activities and bad behavior that's what wrong with this damn country period...........

ohboy

Cocaine is out of you system in 2 days, unlike a month for weed. So she was partying hard to fail it "miserably."

D

Why should she get the money? She failed a drug test - in the normal world, this means you don't get the job, and you don't get a paycheck. Just stupid.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments