'Hell's Kitchen' Winner

FAILED DRUG TEST

8/23/2013 6:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_janel_witt_article_getty
"Hell's Kitchen" champ Ja'Nel Witt tested positive for cocaine ... and that's why she wasn't allowed to accept the head-chef position at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Vegas ... TMZ has learned.

Talk about blowing a huge opportunity ...

Sources extremely familiar with the situation tell us ... Caesars Palace required Witt to submit to a drug test in order to take the job as head chef at the Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, the position she earned after winning Season 11 of "Hell's Kitchen" earlier this year.

FYI -- Caesars has a notoriously strict drug policy ... and requires all employees to submit to drug testing.

But Witt bombed her test -- one source tells us she "failed miserably" -- and when Caesars found out ... they quickly kicked her ass to the curb.

But there is a silver lining for Witt -- we're told she WILL receive the $250k salary ... despite the fact she won't spend a single day in the kitchen.

Fun Fact -- $250,000 can buy roughly 10 kilos of cocaine ... depending on the quality.

Attempts to reach Ja'Nel were not successful.

Shotokan500

They should allow Mary to take the position!! What an fing loser

jules

I watched the show and told my husband throughout the this season, there was something about Janel I couldn't put my finger on. She was too focused, too something...maybe she was doing drugs on the show, who knows...but what a frickin waste!! She not only wasted her talent, the shows time. If she was using throughout the season, she wasted a lot of other potential chefs time to get the job! Like Susan or John...what a frickin waste!! She doesn't deserve the $250K.

levyi

Funfact: FOX drug tests you before your participation in the show, and once there, you can't leave the property without cameras and babysitters. So, she cleaned up in time once, and stayed sober for the duration of the show. Why couldn't she do it again? Unless, it was a hair test. I've heard casinos like those.
On another note, cooks are a strange breed. We work hard and party harder. The only industry with more recreational drug use is doctors.... they get the good stuff.

Shanx92

Smh

Shanx92

She one of THE BEST chefs in all of Hell's Kitchen. What a waste. :(

Just_A_Post

"Wow, just Wow" - Gordon Ramsay

Just_A_Post

What ever happened to the other Hell's Kitchen chef that had the mental health issue/arrest?

campy

FINALLY!!!!! I've been trying for months to find out why someone other than her was managing that LV pub.

msmoeliss

What a waste, she could have had a completely different life with so many opportunities and she threw it away for drugs. The runner up should get the job by default. Ja'nel shouldn't get one cent, but I guess there is probably some contract so the show has to pay her. I bet they're going to add a drug clause from now on, kinda surprised they wouldn't have one in there already. What an idiot she is.

Mitch

What a waste of life and opportunity.

buzz67

Her lips look good for smoken rock, what a dumb crack ho..

olivebranch

Shame on her. Talk about being your own worse enemy.

angelise

I thought John should have won anyway! His dishes were not only beautiful but extremely creative! She really missed out on a great life opportunity. Not to mention public humiliation. I think it's illegal for a company to release reasons for termination of employment???? She could potentially gave a case? Any Lawyers on here with that information?

Rex

I knew someone that did the same thing. Got so excited about their upcoming job they went out, got drunk, got a DUI and in jail - missed their first day of work and got fired. What a bunch of stupid people.

Calico

What a shame. I'd love to bust my @ss in one of Ramsay's restaurants, sans cocaine.
There is a real if not often talked about problem with drug and alcohol use in the food industry...
However, I do not feel sorry for her. A wonderful opportunity wasted.