Ben Affleck as Batman

Born to Be the

Caped (Cod) Crusader

8/24/2013 12:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

082313_tv_ben_launch
Ben Affleck is gonna be the best Batman ever -- is what almost no one is saying, but before fanboys start committing hari kari ... we present a few reasons Ben could actually be a wicked pissah supah-hero!

Just try to forget 'Daredevil' ever happened. Ben does.

TMZ_On_TV_SubNavigation

Steven

His hairline is not very photogenic.

Hollywood

Sorry Ben, but I think you will suck. I would much rather see Beetlejuice do it again than you! They should have picked a no name for this role.

ted

He will totally suck. Can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Ashley

he's so freaking lame.....!!

JuanRambo

I can't believe this sh*t... They should of just cast me as Batman... I can't act and either can Ben PooPoo...

JuggrnotX

oh please, history people, remember the uproar when micheal keaton was casted as batman, and the bigger uproar when he decided to not do it no more. forget daredevil acting was not the only reason thayt movie sucked. ben would be a great Batman and this is not a batman movie it a man of steel movie.

LK

Ben is weird ! After he split fm Jlo & cut back on the booze & gambling . He went in2 hiding Back in the day I thought he was kinda cute But know I just seem creepy & strange .

cari

Really, of all the actors who have played batman, like MR mom Keaton, I say lets see.

dyls_E

i think he will be fine. Its not like its attempting to be a continuation of the Nolan one. Its a different batman story, it does't have to be like the last one. am i the only person who liked daredevil haha

steff

Dear TMZ staff,

The success of a film is a combination of factors, depends not only on one actor and this despite his/her reputation (things you perfectly know, of course).
Remember MJ in Miss Cast Away, he was so terrible as agent MJ and MJ in Moonwalker where he was just awesome( RIP MJ).

So, I would say, everything is possible but I'm pretty sure Ben Affleck has all the necessary qualities to make an incredible and unforgettable BatMan.
At least, that's what i believe.

Ever yours,VS.

psycho nurse

I think he will do fabulous! He is even more attractive as a family man than he was as a drunken player. Going on my must see movie list :)

NOT ELMO

Ben Affleck is gonna be The Best Batman ever -- is what almost NO ONE is saying.........................I know WB Loves Ben Affleck because WB wanted Ben Afflect To Be THE DIRECTOR Of MAN OF STEEL and HE Turned Them Down, But i must say i am Very Very Disappointed with WB's Decision To Cast Ben Affleck as The New BATMAN, Ben Affleck is a Good Director But He is NOT a Good Actor and i was Hoping To See a FRESH FACE and a Good Actor as THE NEW DARK KNIGHT in MAN OF STEEL VS. THE DARK KNIGHT...

Jody

I am not a Ben fan. This is not a good choice.

Wendell

Terrible choice, my family and I will miss this one!

NOT ELMO

The idea of having an Actor that Already Played a SUPERHERO Play another SUPERHERO Years Later is a REALLY BAD IDEA and that is The Main Reason Why CAPTAIN AMERICA Did so Poorly at The Box Office ( $368M WORLDWIDE ) and That is The Main Reason Why GREEN LANTERN Did so Poorly at The Box Office ( $219M WORLDWIDE ) Because CHRIS EVANS was Previously THE HUMAN TORCH and RYAN REYNOLDS was Previously DEADPOOL, So The Fact that BEN AFFLECK was Previously DAREDEVIL ( $179M WORLDWIDE ) and BEN AFFLECK EVEN WON THE GOLDEN RASPBERRY AWARD FOR WORST ACTOR FOR DAREDEVIL makes it HARD To Believe HE is CAST as THE NEW BATMAN / DARK KNIGHT.....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments