Bieber Paparazzo Death

Photog's Mom Sues CHP

Cops Killed My Son

8/26/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_chris_guerra_01

The mother of the paparazzo who was struck and killed by a car back in January -- after chasing Justin Bieber's Ferrari -- is suing the California Highway Patrol, claiming it's the cops' fault her son is dead.

Vickie Guerra -- mother of 29-year-old photog Chris Guerra -- claims in her suit a CHP officer abused his authority by ordering Chris to unsafely cross a busy street.

TMZ broke the story ... Chris had been photographing Bieber's white Ferrari while CHP deputies were writing the driver -- Lil Twist -- a ticket for speeding on the 405 Freeway.

0102_the_Accident_Scene_justin_bieber_newsreel_
In her lawsuit, Vickie claims the CHP officer noticed her son snapping photos and in a threatening manner, gesturing with his gun, the cop ordered Chris to keep his distance by crossing the street.

Vickie says her son obliged and was struck by a car traveling in excess of 40-50mph. Vickie says her son flew over the first car and was immediately run-over by a second car.

0101_justin_bieber_ferrari_article_splashnews
Vickie is suing the CHP and the State of California for unspecified damages. She's also suing the driver of the car that hit Chris.

Reps for the CHP had no comment.

anung rama

they recieved justice, & took a cool million.. parasites, friggin parastc human trash

Carol guerra

The public should be demanding the truth , the dash cam the audio, Under the color of authority the law can order and harass people like Chris who was within the law standing not on the street but on the side up against a chain link fence, something happened to Chris that made him run BACKWARDS. Yes backwards onto the road. If a threat were pursuing me or you it seems Likly that you would want to see them,,, We believe that the CHP. officer pursued Chris as to cause him fear of his life. The public does not know what we know and cannot yet speak about ,

GrilledCheese

Wow suing cops, and in the public eye-yikes- she is on America's police force sh*t list now. Watch out!

Carol guerra

Thank you Karma K. And the FEW other people with kind words

Carol guerra

Chris was in a SAFE spot on the frontage road with a chain link fence between him n the car, Chris should be alive today.

Ey76

I feel horrible that she lost her son, but in the court of public opinion, she comes off as looking for a payday.. She should be more upset that she lost her son because he chose a career that infringes on peoples privacy and HE chose to do so on a LA highway... She has no clue as to what happened that day... Although Im sure of the slew of attorneys have her plenty of scenarios... Let me guess... There wasn't a scenario where her son was merely wrong in his decision making... God forbid people held themselves or family accountable

Comanchegurl

Stop suing people - as his mother- YOU should have taught your son how to cross the street. So sue yourself. Or just accept survival of the fittest.

TMS

The CHP should counter-sue her for failing to teach her son to look both ways before crossing a busy street.

clearConscience

Money hungry *beep beep*

abby

I really feel sorry for the mother, but I don't think she has a case to sue anyone. Will be interesting to see how this ends.

lafreak

shut the f up momma.... If he can't see traffic coming, he's somewhere that he shouldn't have been. Those photogs need to get jail time.

sorry for the loss of you kid

bizz

yeaaaaa. try to get some free money by suing EVERYONE cause your son is a dumbass. if a judge doesnt immediately throw this out i have no hope left for humanity.

Kathiewyant

Please don't tell me you know how I feel, Unless you have lost your child too, Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal, Because that is just not true, Please don't tell me my son is in a better place, Though it is true, I want him here with me, Don't tell me someday I'll hear his voice, see his face, Beyond today I cannot see, Don't tell me it is time to move on, Because I cannot, Don't tell me to face the fact he is gone, Because denial is something I can't stop, Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had, Because I wanted more, Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad, I'll never be as I was before, What you can tell me is you will be here for me, That you will listen when I talk of my child, You can share with me my precious memories, You can even cry with me for a while, And please don't hesitate to say his name, Because it is something I long to hear everyday, Friend please realize that I can never be the same, But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday. With love from one mother who's lost a son to another.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4