Taylor Swift

to One Direction:

'SHUT THE F**K UP!'

8/26/2013 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

082613_taylor_swift_launch
Taylor Swift doesn't just write breakup songs about her ex-boyfriends ... she talks SMACK about them during award shows ... and last night, she got caught. On camera.

It happened when One Direction took the stage to present a Moon Man at the MTV VMAs for Best Pop Video.

FYI -- Taylor used to date Harry Styles (they broke up in January) ... but apparently, she's still harboring some resentment -- 'cause as the band rambled on, the camera cut to Swift ... who leaned over to Selena Gomez and mouthed the words, "SHUT. THE. F**K. UP."

There are people out there who swear Taylor wasn't cussing -- that she was saying the words, "Sorry for my arm."

Those people are stupid.

0826_vma_footer

Socalpimp

She was telling Selena to STFU

leslie

Yeah...who cares what she said?? I love to tell people to shut the f*** up if they need to. Maybe she wishes he would? Who cares he's an ex. They aren't friends. I'm sure he doesn't speak highly of her.

Maxi

I've watched it several times and it really looks like she could have made either comment. However, judging by the sour look on Swift's face and then Selina's 'omg, shut up bitch...we are on camera' reaction, I think she said STFU. Just own it Taylor!

Stephscott_

I used to love Taylor but I've realized she's very immature about her relationships. If she's feeling 22 it's time she starts acting like it.

milmil

Taylor is so hot and rich

Cindy J

I don't care who it was directed to, fans, Harry or 1D in general. It's tacky, she's a professional, save it for the after party.

Cindy J

And did you see the pics of her talking to JT? I mean, come on. He's married. Quit hanging all over him. GROSS.

Cookie

And she's "America's Sweetheart"? She's slept with all of Hollywood and then acts like an immature child after they drop her pathetic ass! Looooooser!

chicago_animal

Her and Selena should stop dating foreign boys. One Direction and Bieber? They will be nobody's in few years. Look at all the other teeny boppers.

Dublin2016

She said "Stick it in my butt"......

O.G. Native

America's whore!!!

Pompano Ann

I remember the first MTV awards, my how times have changed, between Mylie and Taylor, being a lady I guess is not cool?

timmons

Hey Taylor: 'SHUT THE F**K UP!'

lexi

She is too young to be so samn bitter.

DONNA

You can clearly read her lips and she is not saying anything about her arm.....LOL!