Dick Van Dyke

BACK ON THE ROAD

After Last Car Exploded

8/27/2013 6:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

082613_dick_van_dyke_launch_v3Dick Van Dyke tells TMZ ... outside of "being a little crispy around the edges," he's perfectly fine after last week's exploding car incident. In fact, he's already back behind the wheel of a new whip.

DVD was in Calabasas yesterday -- in a brand spankin' new Jaguar (a loaner) -- and the 87-year-old was still joking about the frightening moments when a Good Samaritan pulled him from his burning car on the side of the 101 Freeway.

"Well, I needed a little PR anyway," Van Dyke said.

Dick tells us he learned one big lesson from the incident -- a lesson that will probably restore your faith in humanity.

So watch the clip ... unless you hate humanity.

carbin

What a great guy! So happy he is OK

laffnbear

I love humanity, It's people I hate.

hopy

i love dick van dyke but maybe he should get a driver.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Expensive car but that fire extinguisher you'll need is about $1,000 extra.

chicagoannie

Very classy talented gentleman is Mr. Van Dyke. One of the very few stars I'd actually love to meet and have a chat with. So glad he's ok.

Kfay

Why can't he get someone to drive him..I think anyone over the age of 75 should stop driving..
It's scary on the road with older people behind the wheel. IJS

demoncat

nice to see dick can find humor in the whole thing. and agree when mike during the show said dick is a national treasure. though dick is not needing a driver as mike joked during the show

leafsfan1977

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Dick Van Dyke is truly a class act. I love how he is just so approachable. I'm sincerely glad he is ok....and love that he can find humor in the whole situation. One of Hollywood's last true living treasures......for sure!

nan

He is so cute. Even when the photographer was somewhat grasping for things, to ask him about , he just couldnt have been nicer or more patient.
Im glad he is okay

Your S&M Girlfriend

Legendary star, long career but he's really too old to be driving.

smileandshine

Absolutely a legend

Kim

I'm pretty sure the fist bump at the end is the best.
"Yeah I fist bumped, Van Dyke."
...nevermind.