Justin Timberlake

STOPS MEDIA TOUR

For 13-Year-Old Brain Surgery Survivor

8/28/2013 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0827-justin-timberlake-tmz
Justin Timberlake has a new biggest fan ... a 13-year-old brain surgery survivor ... who's so impressive that JT stopped his entire media tour yesterday to spend some quality time with her.

JT was being rushed through an NYC building on his way into a live radio interview Tuesday, when he crossed paths with Tina DiLascio -- who told Justin her daughter Giana is a "Make-a-Wish" kid who underwent brain surgery last year to fix a serious blockage in her pituitary gland.

Justin was so impressed -- he stopped in his tracks -- and asked if he could meet Giana, who was waiting outside the building with her brother.  We're told JT waited patiently as Tina grabbed Giana ... brought her inside ... and introduced the two.

Tina tells TMZ ...  Giana and Justin chatted for several minutes. JT asked if she watched the VMAs and she lit up, telling Justin he's "The next Michael Jackson" ... to which JT bowed his head and said, "Thank you."

Giana asked if she could take a pic with Justin, who agreed ... but only under one condition -- "Only if you make it your screen saver!"

Eventually, JT had to leave ... but not before giving Giana a big hug and telling her to "be well."

And in case you're wondering ... the pic IS her screen saver now.

0827-justin-timberlake-tmz-sub

Gretel

...and one of the best things about that is she doesn't have to defend him for anything; she can just bask in the attention. I'm a fan!

OhWell

"The next Michael Jackson" ...

...What An Insult,JT Doesn't Shower
With Little Boys....BARFFFFF!!!!!!

bagladey

Do they do brain surgery now without shaving the head. How did she grow such long hair so soon after having had brain surgery last year?

Milf Biggenson

I'm a dad with a wife and daughter who absolutely adore JT. I have grown to like his music, still adjusting to the new album, but that's just because I like ACDC because my brain hasn't evolved musically. Anyway, I think JT is hilarious on SNL and I actually enjoy it if he's the male lead in a rom com as he's a great actor. Stories like this, simply show that he's as real as he appears to be. He's not a d-bag attention hog like JB, just a down to earth guy with immense talent who is a real human being. Taking the family to see him in Feb on his tour (have to drive a few hours and enter into the US for is) but I'm sure it's going to be a great concert.

I wish this young girl all the health and well-being I can. I'm sure that made her day during such a difficult time in her life. And obviously her experience runs opposite to the old adage "You never want to meet your heroes..." Great story all around.

Miara

What a wonderful guy!!! We want more of these stories about celebrities - not the media just trashing them all the time! Way to go Justin!!! What a sweet little girl!!! May all her wishes come true!

Donka Do Ball

That kid has quite the schnozola.

Ann

Here is a guy that I wasn't a huge fan of but I love him now. Not just because of this, but how he has handled fame and fortune. He even had class enough to not bash Miley (even tho she deserves it). He is just an all around talent and it was so awesome to see his normal parents in the audience cheering him on.

Donka Do Ball

I wonder if she's familiar with his d!^% in a box song.

kgg

What a sweetheart. See how easy it is to get positive publicity? Just take 10 minutes out of your day and be a decent person. Voila.

Deelight

JT you are the best, and many artists should be like you!!!

Francie

JT is classy, talented, smart, funny and probably the nicest celeb out there!!

The New Improved Sock Puppet

My kids are huge JT fans and that's cool with me. I think he's a talent worth admiring. I also think he understands that with the talent and admiration comes a certain obligation and he takes it seriously. I guess I'm a fan too.

who-me

I wonder if this was set up before or after he needed good PR after defending that fugly, denture wearing skank hillbilly.

thrak

That guy can do no wrong. He's almost one of a kind.

Bobf

This guy has a lot of class. I play golf at Debell in Burbank and he showed up one day by himself and played with a random twosome and after the round both guys said he was pure class.