Michael Douglas

and Catherine Zeta-Jones

Reportedly Separate

8/28/2013 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0828_michael_catherine_01

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones are reportedly "on a break" ... and it looks like their 13-year marriage is on the ropes.

68-year-old Douglas and 43-year-old Zeta-Jones haven't been photographed together since April ... and according to People.com, they're intentionally spending time apart.

Sources tell people the stress from Douglas' battle with cancer and Catherine's struggle with bipolar disorder have taken a toll on the marriage.

So far, neither Michael nor Catherine have filed legal docs seeking to end the marriage.

The couple has two children together -- a 13-year-old and a 10-year-old.

We reached out to a rep for the couple -- so far, no word back.

0828_michael_catherine_before_split_footer

VictoriaGirl

I hope they're able to work it out. I actually like them together.

Chgo411

I wonder if there is any resentment on his end for her vacation she took while he was undergoing chemo? It was "too much" for her to handle emotionally. I knew right then that marriage was doomed.

billybob

her p.u.ssy is a cancer slot, that means she's pretty useless.

Roli23

He was lucky to ever have her

Wastemanagement

Nicole in comment thread said they have a child with special needs? Also, isn't the other son in constant battles with drug addictions. Yeah, I don't think its the age difference I think its major stessors. Health, mental health... Yikes, quite a lot to handle!

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

I'm glad he ditched the weirdo. She's a bi-polar drug addict. Never have kids with someone like that.

Miss Bu

he doesn't do oral so why stay

noel

She's not bipolar. She's just angry that she wasted her youth with that old man. Who honestly wants to take care of an old sickly man when you're 43. Don't marry some old dude for his money, they linger and drain you.

Denese

Yikes...Whoever ends up with her better have gotten their Guardasil shots.

squeelz

They need to work it out seriously vows say in sickness and I'm health she was with him through the cancer he needs to be with her and help her with her disorder

HoTMZ

I don't know what her repeated rehab was really for, I've never heard of rehab for bi-polar disorder which means going through depession then through a period of more upbeat. Being away from her family in rehab cures that?

Dickeydoo

Id like to put it in then take it out of her..

sophiastormy

Is this surprising?? The age differences, finally caught up. He probably found some young thing too use in his last twenty years left.

NOT ELMO

Michael Douglas
and Catherine Zeta-Jones
Reportedly Separate....................WHAT TOOK HER SO LONG

SteveB

Guess she came to her senses and dumped the wrinkly old man!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4