'Big Brother' Aaryn

Evicted

I'm Not Racist, I'm Just Texan

8/30/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

083013_big_brother_aaryn_launch
Aaryn Gries
was evicted from the "Big Brother" house Thursday night ... and on her way out, she told Julie Chen she's not really a racist, she's just a misunderstood Texan.

Seriously ... Gries -- who mocked Asians, trashed black people and referred to a gay houseguest as a "queer" during her stint on the reality competition show -- had the cojones to look Chen in the face and say, "I did not mean to ever come off as racist."

Here's her ridiculous explanation:

"In Texas, we say things. Sometimes we joke and we don't mean it. I feel how bad it is being seen and how I've come across to people. I don't want to seem like that person."

Aaryn -- who told Julie she doesn't remember ever making a racist comment in the house -- added, "I apologize to anyone I offended for that. That was not meant to be serious and if I said those things, I feel horrible for that. I regret that."

Julie -- being the badass that she is -- didn't let Aaryn off the hook and READ some of the offensive comments right to Aaryn's face as Aaryn sat there like a racist, homophobic deer in headlights.

FYI -- Aaryn still has no idea she's been dropped by her modeling agency over her behavior in the house ... because she's made it to the "jury house" and will remain sequestered from the outside world until the show ends in September.

083013_julie_chen_launch

Holly

Julie should remember that s/he without sin, cast the first stone. Julie stole Les Moonves from his wife and kids and destroyed that family. She should be asked how she feels about adultery and how she destroyed Moonves' wife and family so she could get power and fame. Julie was NOTHING before she stole the president of CBS, Les Moonves from his wife and family. Shame on her.

Lori

As a Texan, I am completely and totally offended by this horrible, racist bitch. Don't blame where you were born... blame yourself... you make your own decisions on what you say and how you act!

CHESS

So blame your white sheet wearing racist behavior on the whole state of Texas. What an idiot

dale12

The girl, Aaryn flat out denied, & lied about making derogatory comments! Saying that she didn't remember saying those things about Candice, Helen, and Andy. What a Sociopath, & a Liar!

ElisabethIsDisgusting

I have lived in Texas and everything she is saying is TRUE! They just assume they can say outrageously racist sh!t and if you don't like it, it's YOUR problem. Thank God I escaped from that backwards lunatic asylum.

joecrabs

Guess what... She's right. I call my friends stupid _____'s. I know black people that do the same. Julie Chen is full of s--t if she tries to sit there say she didn't call De'Marquise Elkins a stupid f--king n bomb for shooting that little baby in the face in Brunswick, GA. Oprah Winfrey is full of s--t when she says she never called an incompetent employee a cr--ker. It's part of life.

BOHOE

moving trucks have arrived outside Larmar Odom's home ........... looks like tomorrow might be the big announcment

Dave

She and Justin Bieber should procreate.

Emilybrookeh

This article is pathetic. Aaryn isn't racist, people are just too sensitive these days and can't take a joke. If it was another race saying these things then this wouldn't even be an issue. Julie Chen needs to get off her little high horse. She's annoying. YOU GO AARYN. You did a great job representing Texas.

Dave

Since TMZ spoiled it; anyone want to let me know the eviction vote so I don't have to stay up or go through the DVR tomorrow?

Karen

WOW...TMZ none of you bother to think about us on the west coast. Football is on right now 9:40 pm pdt & BB airs at 10 pm pdt. TMZ is in L.A. pdt too so why not bother to think about us & not spoiling it. You did even bother to put spoiler alert....nope just headlined it. UGH....

mrharrybawls2012

Julie Chen looks like the chinese woman in Devo's music video for "Whip It". Does anyone know if it's her? Thanks in advance.

Anonymouse

This Texan has been rooting for that evil b*tch Aryan oops, Aryn to get voted off for a long time and I couldn't see it because 1) Time Warner SUCKS and 2) CBS felt it was more important to air the Cowboys game in Dallas. Sooooo THANKS TMZ for ruining the surprise!

Nick

"In Texas, we say things." You have to hand it to someone too guileless and stupid to lie. Same with Paula "I'm not racist, I'm just southern" Deen.

Bobo Frog