Michael Keaton

Affleck Gets My Bat-Blessing

8/29/2013 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

082913_micheal_keaton_launch
Fear not Bat-dorks, Ben Affleck is going to be a GREAT Batman ... so says one of the most respected guys to ever don the cape and cowl, Michael Keaton.

Keaton -- who famously danced with the devil in the pale moonlight back in 1989 -- was leaving Toscana in Brentwood last night when he sang Ben's praises ... telling TMZ, "He's gonna be great."

FYI -- Warner Bros. just announced that the untitled Batman & Superman joint movie (starring Affleck) is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2015 ... so, we've got about 2 years until we can see if Keaton is right.

some guy

My sources confirm J. Lo is currently in talks to take on the role of Poison Gigli.

Gloryg7

So completely disappointing! Ben Afleck? Hell to the Naaaaaaw!

Bane

I've been having nightmares about Ben Affleck being Batman and basically taking over the whole Justice League project. I'm a huge Batman fan and I refuse to watch Ben Affleck as Batman. I don't care if other great actors like Michael Shannon, Tom Hardy, Bryan Cranston etc are playing the villains. I agree Affleck just isn't Batman material. Would've preferred the choice of Josh Brolin who was originally announced. It's not just because Daredevil, Gigli, Surviving Christmas and other Ben movies sucked. Yes the Town and Argo were good but Jeremy Renner was the one who made the Town awesome. Ben just isn't Batman. Why do I care? Because Batman is an icon and has been influential to me since childhood.

Bane

AFLAC AFFLECK AFLACK!!!

Vegas2013

Didn't Ben Affleck play Daredevil? It was an action superhero flick. Why are people making it sound like its a huge reach for him.

kicksroute66

Suck a d.i.c.k tmz

Obvious justice

I fear we r gonna be hearing from "Affleck Affleck. Affleck"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3