'Big Rich Texas' Star

to Aaryn Gries

Texans Are NOT Racist

8/31/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0830_bonnie_blossman_aaryn_gries_article

"Big Brother" star Aaryn Gries embarrassed the entire Lone Star state last night when she blamed her racist remarks from the show on growing up in Texas ... this according to "Big Rich Texas" star Bon Blossman.

In case you missed ... Aaryn was evicted from the "Big Brother" house Thursday night ... and told Julie Chen she's NOT a bigot, despite mocking Asians, putting down black people and calling a gay housemate "queer" during her stint inside the BB house.

Aaryn explained, "In Texas, we say things. Sometimes we joke and we don't mean it."

But according to Bon, Aaryn is talking out of her nicely-toned racist ass -- telling TMZ, "This is NOT how we were raised in Texas."

"I watched 'Big Brother' this season, and was embarrassed that [Aaryn] brought such negative attention to one of the most friendly, welcoming states in the United States."

She added ... "Aaryn's comments were an outrage," and ... "This type of behavior is not tolerated by anybody that I know ... and I was born and raised in Texas."

Bon thinks what Aaryn really needs is some tough love, saying ... "We can't ignore behavior like that or she won't learn."

Since Aaryn made it to the "Big Brother" jury house, she's still sequestered from the outside world and doesn't know how big of a villain she's become. But it seems she's in for a rude awakening.

083013_big_brother_aaryn_launch

KOKOPELLeigh

I adore Bonnie...and agree completely!!!

Holly

I kind of feel bad for Aaryn. If you watch the feeds, it's clear Aaryn was raised to talk that way and mentioned numerous racial jokes her dad makes. She doesn't think the jokes she made were racist or homophobic because she was always joking and not espousing serious racist/homophobic views.

My husband and I joke around in a somewhat similar way (although not as crude) all the time, and he is of Asian descent. Is he racist against himself? Of course not. It's just stupid private jokes. Still, Aaryn should have known that she is being seen by many people and many of them would see her jokes as racist. She was incredibly stupid not to know that, and her parents are to blame for raising her to believe those kinds of jokes are okay in the public arena.

Julie's confrontation with Aaryn was unfair because Aaryn had no idea it was coming and Julie took advantage of that for RATINGS. Julie has a very checkered past and it is well-known that she was Les Moonves' mistress and eventually wrecked his family and caused his divorce. She was out for money and fame, and she got her own show and is the host of BB out of that adulterous affair. I don't think for one second that Julie is better than Aaryn. In fact, I think her ACTIONS are much much worse than Aaryn's silly words.

miss b

The're not racist
Texans hate everybody.

kitnplayn

Who do you think you are bullchitting? The entire planet knows that Texans are the MOST racist Americans. Also, Texans are the most arrogant Americans.

Criss

And to think, I'm probably going to be living there in the near future!

Iloveyouiphone

Who cares, Julie Chen is running a rigged tv show, she doesn't care if they're racists cuz if she and her lame husband did they'd get out Amanda who's friend is the producer.

BB not bb

I think Texas has a repututation for being racist. I think they were a slave state in the civil war even though there were hardly any slave holders there. I have met some Texans who were remarkably racist. They were not just joking, they were hateful and slanderous.

This lady is full of it. Nice way to backstab someone from your state. I don't' know any state that isn't racist but if I had to pick one that is, Texas is right up there. She just wants to come off as as superior.

Does she think she is this girl's mother? She needs to mind her own business. No one needs her to teach them anything.

Rachael

HOW DOES THIS SITE HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANYONE when you pretend that the FAMILY of ESSHOLEZ Kardashians are not the very DEFINITION of stupid, fat, lazy, Ef-ups?

bendover

JULIE CHEN LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE A TRANY IN THAT VIDEO

AMERICAN WOMEN HOW ABOUT LESS MAKE UP!

tenley

Amanda's going to escape the wrath of the press completely when she comes out, isn't she.

Mrs Jackson

**** that ugly ass white bitch

D105107

Who cares, she's still hot!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I live in Texas and, in fact, a lot of people in Texas are racist. Not just the white people, the black people and Mexican people are racist too. Now, maybe in the big city areas, they're less racist or else have class enough to keep it to themselves..but be assured, many Texans are raised that way, and they're not saying something they don't mean.

WTF

Of course they're racist. Texans hate EVERYBODY! They don't discriminate about that.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

I've lived in Texas and believe me, there are some folks there that are racists out there and yes, even the cops but what can you say?... Racism exists just not as bad as it used to be.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments