« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tim Tebow

DROPPED

By New England Patriots

8/31/2013 12:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0830-tim-tebow-getty
Tebowing has a brand new meaning -- unemployed NFL star -- 'cause Tim Tebow has been dropped by the New England Patriots.

Tebow -- who signed a 2-year contract with the Patriots back in June -- was cut from the roster Saturday morning ... after failing to impress head coach Bill Belichick, according to ESPN.

The news comes just a little over 4 months after Tebow was fired from the New York Jets.

Since Tebow has been in the NFL less than 4 years, he could become a free agent and sign with another team ... begging the question, will another team even want him?

So we gotta ask...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BostonGreekGirl

Ok so I'm a hockey girl not a football chic but I am aware of who Tim Tebow is (how could you not)? What I am not understanding (again b/c I don't follow football at all) but I thought Tim T was a great player? I am guessing that is really wrong b/c he's been dropped/traded by how many teams now? So my other quesiton would be was all the hype about him b/c he kneels down on the field and is religious?? B/c that is just ludicrous and kind of DUMB if you ask me. He should be known b/c of his ability to play/win football not b/c he does something like pray or thank God (um a lot of people do that who freaking cares). WOW priorities ppl, priorities. Just my opinon.

The Executives Wife

Send him over to Buffalo. He is better than Leinart. Lol

Wolf

The guy may not be NFL QB material, but still a great athlete. Cannot figure out why he is not being tried in other positions, such as a TE.

daved0622

Next stop Jacksonville, best spot for him and the team, but this could be his last chance.

Tubby

Find a new job !

liberal racist

they sent him home with his case of lube

MARMARCELLOS

poor guy. I think its time to have SEX. lol Maybe then he won't be singled out.

Rusty Shackleford

"is his career over"
WHAT CAREER.
he's been nothing but a publicity-toy from the beginning. he could never hold his own in the big leagues and he knows it.

Shonte'Star

Having christian beliefs doesn't make you immune to setbacks, failure, tragedy, and tribulation. Trusting in Christ enables you to go THRU them without fear, stress, worry, and anxiety.

Str8-Native

I do the Tebow after a sucessfull number 2

Googie

Tebow is a class act, he wishes nothing but the best for the Pats. Wether its football or some other field, Tebow will get stronger & succeed.
The Bills could use Tebow.

woodin

It certainly sheds light on why Tim was praying a lot out on the field!

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

Keep religion off the field. Not everyone appreciates it, even on your own team.

Truth

GOOD! NOW GET A REAL F*CKING JOB LIKE EVERY1 ELSE. BESIDES... GENO SMITH IS SUCKING WITH THE JETS! TEBOW MIGHT HAVE A ROOMMATE!! #TRUTH!!

AllMe

should have stayed w/ the Broncos.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments