Kanye West

Paid Millions to Perform

In Borat Land

9/1/2013 12:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0901_kanye_Kazakhstan_gettyKanye West raked in MILLIONS of dollars this weekend to play a gig in ... wait for it ... waaaaait for it ... KAZAKHSTAN!!! Very nice.

Our Central Asian sources tell us ... Kanye was invited by President Nursultan Nazarbayev to perform at his grandson's wedding Saturday night in Almaty at the Hotel Royal Tulip. Very nice.

We're told Kanye was paid a hefty sum -- in the neighborhood of $3 mil -- to perform his big hits, including "Can't Tell Me Nothing". One of the wedding guests posted this video of KW on stage.

FYI -- Kazakhstan's prez is reportedly worth billions, and is considered by some to be an ardent dictator who rigs elections. In 2011, Sting backed out of a paid gig for Nazarbayev due to alleged mistreatment of oil workers in the country. Not so nice.

OTHER FACTS ABOUT KAZAKHSTAN: Sacha Baron Cohen did NOT invent it for "Borat." It was once part of the Soviet Union. Its currency is a Tenge. Oil and livestock are a pretty big deal.

xiam007

KANYE WEST is a gay fish

Toilethead

Some people have far more money than brains.

TJ

Come out. come out, where ever you are! Kim, Kanye ,Rob!!

Righteousone

Bralalalala would simply never do this ...in fact Bralalalala has refuse to play concerts for patriarchal dictators throughout the US for many years now. These dictators try to tell her not to be a transgender singer wearing dresses.

Mumra the Ever Living

I always thought that Kanye West's talent was enough to carry a show. It ends up he is nothing more that Kim Kardashian's pizz bitch.
And you know I'm right.

Allen

No morals = more money. POS.

GeorgeGingrich

Looked like he just dialed it in. A lazy performance. 3 million dollars? If I paid somebody 3 million dollars they better put on a Vegas style extravaganza. This man is not the ANSWER. I'm tired of all these activist artist caring nothing about the places the perform at. Kanye West does not give a damn about dictatorial regimes. Garbage.

North West

GOOD GOD.. my life sucks so bad. I dont care how much money my father has but this life sucks when I click on this site and see my family pimping out TSHIRTS of me, baby kimye on this site. I do not look like that at all and is my grandmother getting the money for those tshirts of me or is it going into my own trust fund so i have something to show for all the insults i will have to endure in my life time?. below my kimye tshirt that tmz is selling of me and then i see a article of my grandmother on too fab stating she made a sex tape. my grandmother is near 60 and i wish she would just give this up and go make me some organic formula for me to eat and bake some pies for all her grandchildren.

Righteousone

Money will never be a replacement for happiness or talent.

notalawyer

Photo is of kanye receiving a "reach around"

Loopy

S***bag

southsidequeen

He has a baby to feed. Make that money Kan ye.

KL

Beyonce also performed on wedding

Bob

He is soo ugly, never smiles has no talent, his kid is balding and ugly and he is rude. Yuck At least in a few years we will read he died of an over dose.

Jules

Oof! That dude is getting a little pudgy, eh? Sympathetic pregnancy weight gain? LOL.