« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tony Parker

Quitting Rap is 'Good Thing'

... Says Lakers Player

9/2/2013 12:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

083013_nick_young_launch
Dear Tony Parker's rap career ...

You were only 6 years old ... but Tony has decided to put you out of your misery.

You were cheesy ... you were part French ... and you were terrible.

You also inspired YouTube comments like, "Tony, what the f*ck is this?" and "Bad bad bad."

Maybe it's a good thing Tony decided to pull the plug ... at least according to L.A. Lakers player Nick Young ... because, as we said before, you were really, really bad.

But we're not too sad, 'cause as long as YouTube exists, you'll never really die.

Au revoir for now ...

R.I.P. Tony Parker's rap career
2007 - 2013

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Xiamei

Someone told me that I can look for a rich man on richsingledating.us. Really?

smurfya

Tmz pull the plug on yourself.

Toilethead

All rappers suck.

Dead account Delete at will

Wish a lot more rapper would realize they really suck and quit as well. maybe he'll start a trend.

Zip

Tony was a really good rapper, however, rap and hip-hop now suck because they are controlled by drug gangs that are really not rappers, rather, they are just folks laundering drug money (much like strip owners) while trying to gather fame in the eyes of their friends; fueled by that drug money used to promote and market their so-called music. Classic rap and hip-hop used to be done by real musicians who are now abandoning it en masse because of the criminal element that has taken it over, over the last 25 years. Well, the last 10 of those years has been really bad and getting worse, with that element increasingly becoming completely out of control. You can't work with them, or reason with them, and they want all of your efforts for free and don't want to pay for it....in terms of writing and production. As a result, the entire music industry is moving away from rap, hip-hop, and R&B. It is not worth being associated with it anymore. I suspect that this is the reason why Parker gave up on it.

Vince

Uhhmm his rap sound pretty much like everyone else, so I can guess that all rap is pretty much the same...like his. So why aren't all the other rappers quitting because they stink also? I mean is there really such a thing as good rap????

Pimpcessa

I'm really not a huge fan of rap, but that wasn't half as bad as most of the rap I've heard before. TMZ, pull your head out of your cooloo. Iv'e heard way worse rap than that. Ad the french part sounded good....not that I could understand it though....

AllAmerican

It's all most as bad as the hawks player Louis Williams both need to just keep there day jobs.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

My ears! My ears !

Bob DaMahn

Wasn't that bad, the beat was good and if I understood french then maybe I could comment on his skills but he seemed to flow decently enough to me. No worse than any other rapper now days!

Exclusive

Dam yo. No mo' tone... sux.