Chaz Bono

Half the Man He Used to Be

9/4/2013 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903-chaz-bono-fat-thin-pcn-2
Chaz Bono is the incredible disappearing man -- 'cause dude has nearly shed a whole Honey Boo Boo worth of lbs since dramatically changing his diet last year.

Chaz was barely recognizable as he was spotted in Los Angeles today ... walking around in shorts and a pretty tight tee.

Earlier this year, Chaz talked about how he dropped nearly 70 pounds -- not through surgery -- but through sticking to calorie-controlled meals ... and doing a ton of martial arts training.

Chaz's original goal was only to lose 50 lbs. -- so he's clearly blown that away.

Jessica and Kim K. ... take notes.

0904_chaz_bono_through_years_footer

Reason

How and why is "Chas" important to anybody but its parents.

Knash

Chastity Bono aka Chaz Bono is a she! SHE will always have XX chromosomes no matter what she does to her body.

Carlene

Congratulations!

LolaLuvs

I have to admit, Chaz looks really convincing as a male. If I saw this person on the street, I would never have a doubt it's a male. I feel for Chaz, because it must be very hard to go through something like this in the spotlight, with a glamourous, famous mom who is very thin and looks conscious. I also feel for Cher---it must be very hard to let go of the dreams she had for a daughter. Chaz seems like a good person, and I wish him well and hope he's happy.

Paul

Poor CHER. I feel sorry for her having to have a daugther like this who is now saying I'm a guy with no d__k. Actually she is a woman with short hair and no breast. Lots of gals are flat chested. You are a woman Chastity.

lisazthats me

Legally, she is a he, but either way I could care less. I think it is great that Chaz the person took it upon themselves to get healthy and lose the weight. A transgender is not for me, but if you didn't know who they were, really does look like a decent looking dude now that they lost the weight.

Sue

I still see an adorable little girl with blonde curls... but heck.. lookin' good. He kinda looks like Jack Osbourne now... LOL

The Ger

Chaz is trying to live his life as he wishes. All you haters on here, you have no right to judge him as long as that person isn't hurting anyone. God created gays, lesbians,bis and straights.

Candice

As much as she changed into a "he" SHE was born a female..no matter the cosmetic outward change.The only good thing about this report is the weightloss. Getting healthy is the top important thing

Lynne

He's half the woman he used to be as well.

Jlea

Poor Chaz. They always have to portray this person as a freak show. He's not harrassing or terrorizing anyone. Let him alone already. Humanity's problems go deeper than gender identification anyway.

Wil

She was never a "he"; never will be, either. But good job on the diet. She is definitely thinner now.

Jenn

There is no tattoo on his arm - are you sure it's the same person?

beth ward

Chaz has filled the hole in his heart. The weight loss speaks volumes! Congratulations!! You deserve the best.

Claudio

Not a ' He" and Star? what she does for a living to a "star"?