Kevin Smith

'I'm Not Saying I MADE Ben Affleck, But ... '

9/3/2013 7:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

090313_kevin_smith_launch
Kevin Smith is either gonna get a bunch of CREDIT ... or a bunch of BLAME for Ben Affleck's performance in the next Batman flick -- 'cause the director admits, he helped Ben train for the role.

"I'm not saying I made Ben Affleck who he is today," Smith told us in L.A. this weekend ... "but I made 'Mallrats' with him 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma.' So in some weird way, now that he's becoming Batman, I trained Batman."

Smith says he's pumped for his friend -- telling us, "This was a guy that I worked with for the first 12 years of my career, a lot of people say the best years of my career, so to see that guy take the big role, take the mantle of Batman, one of my favorite characters on the planet, that's kinda dope."

laura

Well, he did Dazed and Confused before all of that... and that movie was very popular.

todd lee

I love Kevin but get over yourself..you didnt make Affleck. Youre just trying to take all the credit for him becoming Batman...dont forget, he also did Jersey Girl.

Berlesk

Please Mr Smith.....shaaad aup already...jeez.

Berlesk

I got paid over $87.00 an hour for scratching my balls! So can you. :)

demoncat

all kevin needs to take credit for is he helped Ben with his career start by casting him for kevin has nothing to do with what warners is doing with batman.

mrharrybawls2012

For those of you shocked that Ben Azzlick is the new Batman, Alan Thicke has just confirmed he's the new Joker and Byron Allen will be directing.

Lex88

Wait a sec. You're actually bragging about inflicting Ben Affleck on the world?

idiots_abound

All these Affleck haters were the same ones who thought Heath Ledger would be Jokeback Mountain as the Joker.

Lex88

Kevin Smith is one of those guys you can tell gets zero p****y no matter how much money he has

anony

Except that Affleck doesn't even talk to him anymore.

nof

Kevin Smith's best years are ahead of him.

As good as those 12 years/films were - he's got more.

Way more.

Like to see K.S. have a HAND, a say, maybe a voice in the writing or re-writing.

Maybe a new BATMAN villain.

We need his voice and vision - Kevin's the bomb.

Openfly

A movie is only as good as the acting is as good as the script is as good as the director is as good as the editing is.

NOT ELMO

Ben Affleck's performance in the next Batman flick........................AFFFLECK WON AWARDS AS THE WORST ACTOR, ALREADY PLAYED A SUPERHERO AND HE IS TOO FAMOUS, THEY NEED A FRESH FACE GOOD ACTOR TO PLAY BATMAN NOT BEN AFFLECK...

f'dlikasoupsamich

Looks like somebody s hi t in their cereal.... Bong!

LordGobblecock

Is Batman a big role for an actor? I would think its a very limited and thankless role that you cant really do much with. Its not gonna get you any acting award honours thats for sure and itll be successful whoever plays the part coz its a superhero film.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments