Aaryn Gries

BLACK GUY COMES FORWARD

I Was Her Valentine, She's Not Racist

9/4/2013 11:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

090413_shawn_onyechi_tmz_live_launch
Drumroll please ... Aaryn Gries' Valentine this year WAS A BLACK MAN -- so says the black man himself, and he insists it's proof the "Big Brother" villain isn't the disgusting racist she portrayed on TV.

Shawn Onyechi tells TMZ, he knows Gries from college in Texas and they were pretty close before she left for "Big Brother."

They didn't date, but Shawn says they were Valentines this year ... and he knows for a fact she's NOT the racist pig she appeared to be on the reality show.

Shawn even tweeted, "Who thinks Aaryn Gries from big brother is racist? I've heard her comments, but personally I KNOW otherwise."

Quick recap: Aaryn's said a bunch of racist crap on the show, including this reference to a black contestant: "Be careful what you say in the dark, you might not be able to see that bitch."

Aaryn has since been evicted from the "Big Brother" house, and in her defense she said she's not racist ... she's just Texan.

0904-twitter-sub

Lucy

I don't like you and I think I am better than you and you happen to be black - Not Racist

I don't like you and I think I am better than you BECAUSE you are black- Racist

Know the difference people!

Diego

Having black, asian, and gay friends/family doesn't make what she said better... It makes it 10x worse! She is a terrible person and her mom is making a fool out of their family.

Jordan

Donald Trump will put Liberals on Celebrity Apprentice, but he would never in a million years let one of them win.

Mandy

I don't understand why people care so much about what this random nobody said.. There are a lot of stupid people in the world. Why waste time on them?

Comanchegurl

He knows she's not racist & he is an expert cuz he's black? Uh I hope he doesn't think just because she will do a black guy - she's not racist.

Carriejane

I hate her excuse "I'm from Texas" she shoulda said the truth, "I think I'm funny and I'm not." Those things she said were poor attempts at bad jokes. No more no less.

Woot

Uh, right. Baloney.

Moose

I don't know that I would draw any conclusions in terms of what a person is or is not based on a reality show.

For the most part, reality shows are based on outrageous politically incorrect behavior. Attention drawing behavior.

Get all of these reality show contestants away from the cameras, and then see how they act.

But then again, I don't think there is much "real" about reality television.

Go ahead and carry on with the pearl clutching. You will never know who these people truly are when they are in front of the cameras.

sophie

Having a black friend does not make you not racist. It's crazy that people think being racist is wearing a white hood over your face and burning crosses. It's like saying people with gay relatives can't be homophobic. Or saying someone can't be misogynistic because they date women or have sisters. Racism is a state of mind. If you think it is okay to demean people based on the way they look, you are racist just as if you chose to privilege others from the same reasons, even if you don't purposely do harm to the others you are a racist.

go home!

Everyone in that house with the exception of Elissa has said horrible things. Why isn't anyone calling out the men (a gay one included) for calling Elissa a C u n t? Is that okay? Aaryn was not right for what she said, but she shouldn't take all of the criticism, they all except Elissa were very bad. Don't get it twisted and make this one girl the only person who did wrong.

indaknow

She is a situational racists!

somechick

hahaha how can ANYBODY even respect this guy? she is so obviously racist and the fact that some black guy took to twitter to tell us she isnt, is laughable. "she has black friends therefore is not racist" is one of the worst things you could say to defend her. He's a turncoat.

GayDaddy

I am not a Photoshop expert, but these two pictures look photoshopped to me. I think this guy is looking for notriety and some sort of payoff. Maybe he should go to Justin Beiber's house.

somechick

sarita

He's just an Uncle Tom for defending her.