Dave Chappelle

Hartford Crowd Was Evil, White

I Wanted to Pull a 'Reverse Kramer'

9/4/2013 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_dave_chappelle_article_tmzDave Chappelle is lashing out about the people who heckled him in Hartford, CT last week ... calling the crowd a bunch of "young, white alcoholics" and saying he wanted to pull a "reverse Kramer."

Chappelle took the stage at a show in Chicago last night ... and immediately went off on Hartford -- where he engaged in a nasty stand-off with the crowd after several loudmouthed fans heckled him during his set.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to the United States," Chappelle said ... "but if North Korea ever drops a nuclear bomb on this country, I swear to God I hope it lands in Hartford, Connecticut."

Chappelle then called the crowd "evil" ... and described them as a bunch of "young, white alcoholics."

"I wanted to pull a reverse Kramer and call them all crackers or something crazy like that."

Chappelle was obviously referring to the TMZ footage of Michael Richards during his insane N-bomb tirade at the Laugh Factory back in 2006.

090413_michael_richards_launch
In the end, Dave says the crowd in Hartford was lucky to see him "freak out" that night -- explaining, "That s**t's like being at a f**king tiger show the night Sigfried and Roy got their throats bit out by the tiger ... you don't go to see somebody be safe."

0905_dave_chappelle_through_footer

Jah36

Wow! I'm a huge Dave Chappelle and was even defending him with this incident. As a comedian, he's coming up with new material all the time. That's what comedians do. He's dope, trust the man to put on a good, funny show. I've seen him live, so I know he does! Forget about old Chappelle Show crap. It's classic, but old.

That being said, you just lost me once you brought race into it Dave. What you said was racist and it shows that you have a deep seeded problem with white people. Now, you'll never get a dime of my money again. Go f*ck yourself!

devon

yeah, must be tough how the white man offered you $50 million. i can't stand him now, go hang out w/your racist friends jaimie fox and kanye

My words

Who sounds like a racist now?? You do Dave. Screw you.

jean

You never should have come back from Africa, Dave. You are way overrated

Rob

Dave Chapelle is the only celebrity who told the devil to go **** himself when he met him at the cross roads.

Demboys1984

Dave i agree with you %100 being from Hartford myself I know how ignorant they can get. How yah gone call him racist now??? When he making fun of black people on his show its the funniest thing in the world but now it's a problem when he lashes out against whites? **** off people!!!

ThatQueenSheem

Its always blown outta proportion when a black man does it...how can he be racist?? His wife is Asian!! !!!

Jennifer

Whenever a black man gets taken down, pull out the race card.

lisa miller

still a racist I see....its a shame you used to be FUNNY even when you were a little racist but now you just blame everything on white ppl....it sucks but now you just a sad LOSER!!!!!

douchewho

Dave is still hilarious. Lighten up people. Saw him in Texas. Blame the damn venues. They get people in two hours before the show starts, then tell them no in and out privileges. So, they won't let you leave, then charge $12 for a can of beer, $12 for a hamburger and $7.50 for a bottle of water. By the time Dave went onstage, some in the crowd were well lubed with liquor and going wild. Effers. I paid to see Dave, not hear a effing heckler filled with liquid courage wreck the show. Screw Hartford. Long live Chappelle.

lisa miller

its fun flagging the haters...

Dee

LOL...there seems to be a lot of anger on here. How quick some of you are to play the racist card

lisa miller

can we stop talking about this has-been........

Eddie

I'm not surprised Connecticut SUCKS. I heard he was great it in Chicago.

Chanelle Rose

"I don't want anything bad to happen to the United States ...but if North Korea ever drops a nuclear bomb on this country, I swear to God I hope it lands in Hartford, Connecticut." Now that was funny as sh it!!!! Lmfao