Mel Gibson

Goes Off On Malibu Cops

'Why Are You Harassing Me?'

9/6/2013 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0905_mel_gibson_pch_dui_checkpoint_tmz_article
Mel Gibson
had an angry encounter with Malibu cops last Saturday -- the good news ... he was sober and left the Jews out of it.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... just after 1:00 AM Mel and a female passenger rolled up to a DUI checkpoint on Pacific Coast Highway -- the same road where Mel was famously busted for DUI in 2006 -- where he ranted against the Jews.

We're told deputies asked Mel if he had been drinking.  He said no and cops had no reason to suspect otherwise.

But there was a problem ... Cops asked Mel to produce his license, and Mel didn't have it on him. At that point deputies told Mel to go to a secondary screening spot, and that's when Gibson got angry.  We're told Mel yelled, "Why are you harassing me?"  Deputies asked why Mel was screaming and he responded, "I have had problems with you Lost Hills [Malibu] deputies in the past."

Things cooled down when deputies let Mel off with a warning.

Mel drove off and did not blame deputies or Jews for the whole Syrian thing.

0828_mel_gibson_lethal_weapons_footer

Clytemnestra

Did I actually beat the spammers on this one?

Robin

And it starts again, smh.

SLH

He NEVER criticised "Jews", he criticised Israel who were bombing the crap out of the Gaza strip last time. Israel is a state with some questionable methods, whereas Jews are a learned, friendly and fascinating people. Period!

Cartman

Mel is worth a ton of money. Why doesn't he hire a driver?

Santo

Wait, he was driving w/o a license and thought the cops would be cool with that? I once got pulled over on a morning where I forgot my wallet. I was extremely apologetic to the officer and promised to never do it again. Also Mel, if you think the Malibu PD is harassing you, don't live in Malibu.

static

They should have tasered him.

Bianca

I love when gossip sites quietly reveal the answers to their Blind Items. This from back in 2006:
"This A list actor and producer loves filming movies outside the US. The reason? He does not like the labor laws in the US. For his latest movie, he made all the extras including the children work for up to 19 hours straight often without any type of meal breaks. If anyone complained, they were fired, sent home without the money they had been promised, and replaced with someone else not as picky about food and working conditions. Answer: Mel Gibson"

Knock Biebers Face In. lil Puke

Someone needs to take this idiot out to pasture and put him down. I'm sure his heart is a few beats away from exploding anyway. Take a Xanax Mel.

beachgal

Mel breaking the law again (this time driving w/o lic) but blaming cops again. lol. he's a mad lil man #histrionicpersonalitydisorder

Shoozie

Harassing him? You must carry your license while driving in ALL 50 STATES. He was an eyelash away from saying "Don't you know who I am?"

Mick Kahler

Just how difficult is it to have your driver's license on you at all times? I know some people who just keep it in the glove box in their car. I keep mine in my wallet and my wallet goes everywhere I go. Mel obviously has a serious problem with authority.

john

I do not condone drinking and driving but. Sheriffs out of Lost Hills are s***bags and have some serious issues with wanting to be LAPD.

CoconutScrimp

Swole Mel should carry his driver's licensee with him all the time, but cops are well-known harassers of people known they have a vengeance on.

Kay

He's a has-been, but doesn't know it.

jdranetz

Since he had moved to Australia from the States when he was 12, then moved back, he has an old affect to his voice that's a mixture of the two accents. That may have triggered the scrutiny. No excuse for not having license on him, though.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments