Dr. Phil

$65,000 Fountain of Youth

A Giant Pressurized Egg

9/8/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0906-dr-phil-tmz
Suck it, Lady Gaga -- TMZ has learned, 63-year-old Dr. Phil has his OWN giant mysterious egg-shaped pod thing ... except Phil's isn't some publicity stunt ... it's a $65,000 piece of technology that could help reverse the aging process.

It's called a CVAC, which stands for Cyclic Variations in Adaptive Conditioning, and there are only 16 in the world, used by all kinds of rich people and famous athletes.

According to CVAC, the chamber uses a computer-controlled valve and a vacuum pump to simulate high altitude and compress the muscles at rhythmic intervals, which purportedly improves circulation, boosts oxygen-rich blood cells, and even stimulates biogenesis and stem cell production. Translation: it could be the fountain of youth.

And we've learned Dr. Phil has one IN HIS HOUSE. We're told Phil purchased the contraption because he's very active and it helps with his shoulder and knee problems.

Not bad for $65,000 -- and with a reported net worth of $240 million, Dr. Phil can afford it.

0906-cvac-egg

TheMachine1

God forbid anything ever go wrong but if it did Dr Phil having a tragic accident in one those rich douche bag machines would make an excellent episode of 1000 Ways to Die.

Carl Wive

Yeah, because when I think, "fountain of youth", I think of Dr. Phil. That egg chamber must really be working... for the con artist who sold it to him!

Carl Wive

Marilyn

Life has its own rules.
You go into that thing + then get hit by a car + die.

awesomewave

Send it into orbit.

sistaelle

Rude awakening Phil- it ain't working!

a3196

WOW - maybe he will grow his hair back too!! Why is it the most richest people are at the same time the worlds most Intellectually Bankrupt??

laffnbear

Medical hoaxes are nothing new.
What happens in ten years when it is found to increase aging and cellular death?

Clytemnestra

Now where did I leave that title to the Brooklyn Bridge? I think I have a buyer!

Jo Ann

I really thought Dr. Phil was smarter than this! The thing looks more like a toilet than an egg, which to me is appropriate. He might as well have flushed the $65,000.00 down the toilet for all the good it will do!

Kay

Most people join some church that promises they will live forever. This guy buys a big egg. Each to his own, I guess.

Comanchegurl

Wow people are so gullible!

Scott

actually kind of surprised people are just hearing about these... theyve been around since the 60's. its called a hyperbaric chamber and divers use them to avoid the bends. athletes use them to condition themselves and simulate high mountain exercises

Toilethead

Sounds like a load of crap to me.

abby

Looks like a very large toilet.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments