Wentworth Miller

I Tried to Kill Myself

9/9/2013 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

090813_wentworth_miller_main_launchWentworth Miller tried to commit suicide multiple times because he couldn't handle keeping his sexual identity a secret.

Miller revealed his dark secret at the Human Rights Campaign Dinner in Seattle Saturday night, saying his first suicide attempt was when he was 15.

The "Prison Break" star says he downed a bottle of pills at home, and he wasn't crying out for help, because "you only cry for help if there is help to cry for."

Wentworth also talked about the torture of working in Hollywood as a closeted actor ... explaining he wanted to be the role model he never had ... "to be the someone else, that no one was to me."

090813_wentworth_miller_sub1_launch
090813_wentworth_miller_sub2_launch_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

OhSoLittleMouse

I don't give a rats ass that he tried to kill himself.

Buddy The Elf

Nobody should feel that kind of despair, yet if it was truly as bad as you say why not LEAVE HOLLYWOOD and all the pressures and attention of it and live the life you want away from the spotlight?

BB not bb

His first video was very boring. I don't see how he is a big star because I feel like he has zero charisma. Any way, young men do try to kill themselves, not really because they are gay, but cause people find out they are gay and make them into jokes and outcasts. That is kind of too much to take for them.

I guess now that he is a big shot Princeton graduate and TV star, he can twist the story any way he wants and make light of the situation. it is not that the teens want to be gay, they just don't want to be treated like the designated freak.

You can have many suicide attempts that are unsuccessful because your aim is really to have someone recognize your pain, not die. You have to be a very bleak person to be able to do that. Some people really try hard, but they leave a chance to be saved, like they want someone else to say their life matters.

It is easy to feel like your life does not matter in this world. That is the real issue, not being gay.

Layla Brown

Alot of teen think aboue suicide. They never do anything though! So what! If you are looking for sympathy--forget it--you have enough sympathy for yourself!!

Knash

Who cares

smug234

Sorry too say but if you had done this before you were some what recognizable that would be way worthy of a nod but to come out after the fact it's kinda B#ll$h%t...get over yourself...So many other people out there who do this daily and don't need the fame or recognition...Sorry but the gay card is kinda the new race card...

Jackie

I have always thought he was gay.

Jackie

Too bad that he had to waste time dating women....

PortSaintLucie

People that try or attempt to commit suicide don't normally talk about. so Wentworth, you came out of the closet....lets move on. Everyone love you no matter what. so lets move on...OMG

Moyra

Poor little heathen baby.

Crabby

Wah wah wah.....the world is literally blowing up killing innocent mothers and children....people are starving......people are homeless destitute spiritually bankrupt and hurting BUT poor little sensitive me!!!! Me Me Me. I broke a fingernail and so now I must end it all....goodbye cruel world.....I am too weal....selfish....narcissistic....to just buck up and take it like a man and so therefore I must spill my worthless guts to the gossip sites:) No one cares WM!.

Markey

so.............?

Jah36

Oh boohoo! LOL. Stop blaming the world because there is something wrong with you. Take responsibility for your own choices in life and stop trying to redefine marriage.

Bethechange.78

I know this probably was really hard for wentworth to admit. You can't change who you are. And all of you saying that maybe next time he can actually do it right and commit suicide, you should be ashamed of yourself. That is just pathetic. I love Wentworth Miller and this is really hard on me, but all of you saying that crap, you are just making all matters worse.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5