Lamar Odom

Sued Over Pap Confrontation

9/10/2013 12:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0910-lamar-odom-splash-3
Lamar Odom
has just been sued by the photog whose equipment the NBA star trashed on the street back in July ... and the pap is partly blaming Kanye West for Lamar's outburst, TMZ has learned.

Stefan Saad filed the lawsuit, claiming the NBA star assaulted him and destroyed more than $15,000 worth of camera equipment during the attack in the middle of a Hollywood street ...all in an effort to avoid negative press.

The lawsuit trashes the Kardashians and Lamar with gems like this -- "The Kardashian clan has apparently come to believe that it is above the law, and has some exceptional privilege to disregard the rights of others."

The lawsuit goes on "The Kardashian clan are not only wealthy and attractive -- but also deeply flawed."

As we reported, Lamar blew a gasket after the pap peppered him with questions about cheating on Khloe, opening Saad's car and tossing all his gear onto the pavement, including expensive camera equipment.

Lamar then took a bundle of the photog's crap, placing it in his own car. The entire incident was caught on tape.

According to Stefan's lawsuit, Lamar feels like he's "above the law" because he's married to a Kardashian sister. Stefan even believes Kanye West had a hand in all this, claiming the rapper (who's dating Kim) advised him on how to deal with paparazzi in a Kanye fashion.

Stefan is suing for assault, conversion (stealing property), and trespass of property, demanding in excess of $565,000 ... not including punitive damages.

tinica1923

The paps should leave people along when they dont want to be bothered..

todd lee

Over half a million bucks for $15,000 worth of camera stuff?? Your kidding me......what a leech of society.

Gary

KMZ....please tell us how much PIMPMOM pays yuou to trash the ex boyfriends/ husbands of her whore daughters?.you went on a mission to smear Kris Humphries and now it's Lamar....I hope it's true Lamar is going to let all the cats out of the bag about the phoniest family in the world...the Krapdashians!

J

Good.. If any if us did this stuff we wouldn't only be sued, but prosecuted legally. What happened with Gloria Allreds suit against Kanye?

Mckayla116

All the kardashians' are laughing all the way to the bank!

Fabienne

Stop all the madness!!!

Angela

This is a witch hunt for poor Lamar

Fabienne

My friend in Belgium's little sister got hit by another car days after she got her licsence. She went to the hospital with terrible neck pains and a few days later went back to work still with the pain but it was getting better. Her American friends said"WHAT....YOU SHOULD HAVE SUED THEM, JUST SAY YOU HAVE WHIPLASH!!" What for said she, it was an accident. They didn't deliberatey hit me. Why would I sue them? I wish more Americans didn't collect their income from so many law suits that are BS. No wonder insurance premiums are so high. Give people a break. Lamar was provoked and more than likely the equipment wasn't worth the amount he is being sued for. SMH

who-me

I bet he wants to break off pieces of that big fat rock of a wife.

Mdog20

Can someone explain to me why the kardashians are famous? It's pretty obvious tmz is being paid off by drunk ass Kris Jenner.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

What is he gonna do? Say he didn't do it? It's right there on tape. He did it. Guilty! Verdict for the plaintiff. Next case.....

lee

He should only pay for his equipment. Baldwin did the same and the photegrapher said forget it. Lamar was
under a lot of stree and problems going on his private
life that is why he snap and lost his temper, he is only
human also he might not have felt well mentally if he
really has addictions. I hope if it is about his addiction
he can get clean and get his life back together with his
wife or without. Wishing him well for the future

Lobuck

I'd slam somebody's camera around too if they were I'm my face recording me, asking me private questions JUST TO put it in the public eye. I prob would have punched the pop just for being a stranger harassing me... Famous or not. MErp

Tammi

That's a bit excessive Mr. Saad. Stop trying to sue so you can pay off your house. Greed

Truth Be Told

FYI: Just so everyone knows - There is someone who is cloning me (and a lot of other people) and is posting on all the boards.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments