« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar De La Hoya

I'm Back In Rehab

9/10/2013 12:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0910-oscar-de-la-hoya-tmzOscar De La Hoya has just checked himself back into a rehab facility ... two years after completing a stint in treatment for cocaine and alcohol.

De La Hoya revealed the news in a statement to the media, explaining why he won't be ringside during the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight this weekend, one of the biggest fights ever put on by his Golden Boy Promotions company.

"I will not be at the fight this Saturday to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility," De La Hoya said.

"I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and longterm recovery from my disease must come first."

"Thank you for your understanding. I ask for your support and privacy during this difficult time for me and my family."

Oscar checked into rehab back in 2011 -- and in a previous interview said, "My drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol."

0831_golden_boy_oscar_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jane

I thought he died?

RudeGal

Real reason he won't be there is because he knows Canelo is going to get knocked TF out by Money. Oscar doesn't have a blueprint on how to beat Mayweather. Oscar couldn't even beat him to begin with so how the hell can be tell someone else to? Dumbass... #TeamMoney

What Jamie Said

An alcohol & cocaine addiction is not a disease, it's a choice. No-one forces you to take it. A disease is something you can't prevent.

gtlilone

Canelo will beat Floyd ass...upset in the making

Peter Popoff

I thought he was in rehab for being gay

ipod shuffle

I'll be watching the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight online when it becomes available for FREE! Sorry
I can't post links to the fight, TMZ has rules :(

mabawa

he has to stay away from drugs

EMB

I don't feel bad for anyone who spends money to watch this fight.

Ant

Oscar and "Hervey", make a damn good couple. Penis breaths

FUTMZ

Linds wants to know if there's any leftover cocaine.

twocents

Best of luck. Good for him for getting himself help again. He obviously thought he needed it.

Cowboy Crow

Why youre there find a real opponent for mayweather. Paper champion, make him earn that money. 10 mill to just show up is ridiculous.

Rachel

You don't really see Oscar with his Wife or his father anymore. We'll never know what fame can do to a person. Oscar obviously has underlying issues and I think alot of it stems from his Mothers illness and death. Oscar if you're reading this... Go to Church find God, get counseling and get yourself together. You have ALOT of people rooting for you. You've made a good life for yourself, so pull yourself up and get out of your dark place. Not everyone has been given your oppurtunities. Your dark habits don't define who you are. Best of luck to you and you're in my prayers.

Unbroken Chain

When he gets our t, tmz can follow him around reporting fake stories like Lamar Odom

jerrycanery

Buy cocain from colombia is the best!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments