« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar De La Hoya

I'm Back In Rehab

9/10/2013 12:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0910-oscar-de-la-hoya-tmzOscar De La Hoya has just checked himself back into a rehab facility ... two years after completing a stint in treatment for cocaine and alcohol.

De La Hoya revealed the news in a statement to the media, explaining why he won't be ringside during the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight this weekend, one of the biggest fights ever put on by his Golden Boy Promotions company.

"I will not be at the fight this Saturday to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility," De La Hoya said.

"I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and longterm recovery from my disease must come first."

"Thank you for your understanding. I ask for your support and privacy during this difficult time for me and my family."

Oscar checked into rehab back in 2011 -- and in a previous interview said, "My drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol."

0831_golden_boy_oscar_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TMZCrazy

There's a lot more to life than alcohol and cocaine.

J

There is no stigma in "going to rehab" anymore. Anything that can make you a better you is great, and welcomed. Kudos to you Oscar for recognizing the trouble in your life. Good luck in your journey.

Googie

Got to give him credit for voluntarily getting help. Wish other celebrities would take the same initiative & get help. I wish him success in overcoming his addition.

Brian

He doesn't want to be there for this Great match - as if 1 week is going to make a difference on his drug fueled lifestyle.

I know - He doesn't want to be there for a staged fight. Showtime isn't going to let Mayweather lose with 260...mil invested and 4 fights to go.

smug234

Pffff Cross Dressing Golden Girl....

daved0622

Another publicity stunt from a has been, he could have checked in Monday.

Your mom

What I had no idea he did coke

OhWell

Oscar Gay La Hoya.

Charmz98

He doesn't want to witness Canelo's bitch ass losing the fight!

OhSoLittleMouse

I DESPISE it when drinking and boozing is labelled a disease. It's not. It's a choice.

I wonder how many MS, ALS, Cancer etc. patients wish they could single handedly cure their "disease" by not chugging, shooting and snorting things into their bodies.

cindy

Praying for you, Oscar. it's such a terricle disease. Get well soon.

Warren

What could Oscar's deep rooted problem be that drives him to drink and/or do drugs?

There is nothing wrong with being bisexual.

Spanky

Good for Oscar for seeking treatment.

indaknow

Perfect Pub for the fight. Now even more Mexicans will want to see Floyd get is ass beat---with the extra incentive for canelo to "do it for oscar." Hype. This fight will sell, but it wont be close. But all parties involved will laugh to the bank.

tonywestspeaks!

Figures! GO MONEY TEAM! :)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments