The Game

Funding 6-Year-Old's Funeral

After Tragic Shooting

9/10/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0910-the-game-tmz-2

The Game
is giving $10,000 to the family of a 6-year-old girl who was shot and killed outside her family's home this weekend in order to help out with funeral costs ... TMZ has learned.

The story is heartbreaking -- 6-year-old Tiana Ricks was shot and killed when two men approached her family's home in Moreno Valley and opened fire, striking Tiana and her father.

As she lay dying, Tiana reportedly turned to her father and asked, "Are you okay, Daddy?"

The Game read about the tragedy and tweeted, "This very sad story hit me in a place nothing ever has ... Tiana did not know she was shot & kept asking was her father okay."

So Game decided he wanted to help -- tracking down Tiana's family and pledging $10k to cover funeral costs.

FYI -- Game recently announced he's on a mission to give away $1,000,000 of his own money to those in need -- he calls it TheRobinHoodProject -- and this is just one of his charitable contributions.

TMZ spoke with Tiana's mother Marquia Macklin who tells us, "Game told me that he heard about my story and was really sorry.  He said that he wanted to help out and put me in touch with his financial team."

We're told the money is being wired to Marquia today.  Tiana's funeral will be Saturday.

While Marquia says she's extremely grateful for Game's generosity, she tells us, "It costs so much to bury her ... sadly $10,000 only covers half of the casket and the plot.”

As for the shooting, cops are still on the hunt for the culprits -- and encourage anyone with information to contact the Moreno Valley Police Department.

0910_INTAGRAM_GIRL_THE_GAME_sub

missnyfl

Very heartwarming until mom got greedy!

Peter Popoff

Aww she's so cute reminds me of my little girl

Jennifer

He should have covered it all.

Jdest

what a horrifying thing to happen to that little girl like that, makes me sick. good for him for trying to do something positive with his money instead of blowing it all on himself. I hope other celebrities and multi-gajillionaires follow suit.

Rocky

The Game seems like such a family man, god bless him and that little angel Tiana

Rich

Well I don't like rappers, but this was a VERY GENEROUS gesture....Of course the Mother showed no gratitude with saying it only covered half the casket...disgusting . I might add there is no reason for a 20,000 dollar casket...but I doubt it that was true. SAD SAD

TMZizCrazzzyYo

Even when there's a "good news" people go and bring out the negative in it. Yes, the mom is ungrateful but why not focus on the overall message of this article which is THE GAME gave a family, who's not his own, a donation.... THE GAME, much respect for giving $10k of your own pocket.

Tracy Ford

Such a beautiful little girl. What is our country coming to? I hope those responsible rot in jail.

maria

I agree. Not sure what kind of funeral she is having for her poor little girl that cost over $10,000. Not cool mentioning that. Kudos for you Game, awesome thing to do, may she rest in peace due to your kindness and good heart.

MAGO

Sad story but Moreno Valley isn't even a suburb of LA.

SupermansVixen

TMZ should match that and do something good for once!

nevamind

I'm sorry for your loss but that is $10,000 you didn't have. How about 'thank you The Game' and plan a modest funeral. UNGRATEFUL! :(

hotandcold

OMG. This is heartbreaking. Stop the trolls from saying chit! This is a sad thing and deserves respect!

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

I thought $10,000 would cover the cost of a funeral. Am I wrong?

Sad story though. I was touched that someone cared enough to help bury this little girl.

BAPS

How does a funeral cost $20k? She either needs to find another funeral home or she needs to be honest about what she needs the money for or not say anything at all. This is tragic but something isn't right.