The Game

Funding 6-Year-Old's Funeral

After Tragic Shooting

9/10/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0910-the-game-tmz-2

The Game
is giving $10,000 to the family of a 6-year-old girl who was shot and killed outside her family's home this weekend in order to help out with funeral costs ... TMZ has learned.

The story is heartbreaking -- 6-year-old Tiana Ricks was shot and killed when two men approached her family's home in Moreno Valley and opened fire, striking Tiana and her father.

As she lay dying, Tiana reportedly turned to her father and asked, "Are you okay, Daddy?"

The Game read about the tragedy and tweeted, "This very sad story hit me in a place nothing ever has ... Tiana did not know she was shot & kept asking was her father okay."

So Game decided he wanted to help -- tracking down Tiana's family and pledging $10k to cover funeral costs.

FYI -- Game recently announced he's on a mission to give away $1,000,000 of his own money to those in need -- he calls it TheRobinHoodProject -- and this is just one of his charitable contributions.

TMZ spoke with Tiana's mother Marquia Macklin who tells us, "Game told me that he heard about my story and was really sorry.  He said that he wanted to help out and put me in touch with his financial team."

We're told the money is being wired to Marquia today.  Tiana's funeral will be Saturday.

While Marquia says she's extremely grateful for Game's generosity, she tells us, "It costs so much to bury her ... sadly $10,000 only covers half of the casket and the plot.”

As for the shooting, cops are still on the hunt for the culprits -- and encourage anyone with information to contact the Moreno Valley Police Department.

0910_INTAGRAM_GIRL_THE_GAME_sub

RIPtiana

The mother is not ungrateful at all, there is a very large extended family and sweet little Tiana deserves the best

Parker

Some of you place way to much importance on money. They only get to do this once, a lifetime of no wedding, no first car, no nothing, just this last good by... Hey I bet you they have a sale on funeral services at the Wal-mart, gotta save my penny. Cheap asss people

Sherron

Yeah as heart breaking as when the two black teens shot the baby in the face!!

Jenna5960

What a beautiful little girl. Such a tragedy and I completely agree that the Mom shouldn't have commented that it wasn't enough. I do wonder though if he would have helped a white family?

mgray79

Don't know who he is, don't care. The fact that he donated money for this situation is good by me.

The fact that the mother made the comment that she did makes me want to slap her. As many of the other comments have stated, she sounds VERY ungrateful and probably is out for more money.

Get over yourself lady and be thankful that someone was willing to even donate that nice chunk of change which would be MORE than enough!

jmontour

Gangsta rap made him do it. Good looking out Game, props to you.

Lady Di

Rock on Second Amendment!!! She dies for her country...be proud

intrigued

How terribly ungrateful of her to say that. Instead, she should be thanking the heck out of him.

Mrs Leseman

This lil girl lived local to me. Such a heart breaking story for a good family. Thumbs up to The Game for helping out!

Mrs Leseman

This lil girl lives local to me. Such a heart breaking story for a good family. Thumbs up to The Game for helping out!

Geegee1987

She's thankful but maybe she needs more help . I don't think she was being ungrateful I think she was looking for another helping hand

Discordia

Props to this dude for contributing to her funeral costs, but unless they are burying her in a solid gold casket that should be more than enough to cover the costs.

Lucky Lucy

This makes me have nothing but admiration for The Game. Anyone who is blessed enough to be fortunate and gives back makes this world better.

Retail Queen

My grandmother passed away Friday of cancer and 10,000 is nowhere enough to cover the costs. We are cremating her. My inlaws have paid their entire burial costs at the ages of 47 so that in case anything happens the kids do not have to struggle like my family is. I will follow in their footsteps as an older person but a CHILD?! That's heartbreaking.

James420

If he really cared about the kids he would make his living promoting violence, demeaning women, and gangs. He's a part of the problem not the solution. Throwing money at it doesn't change it.