The Game

Funding 6-Year-Old's Funeral

After Tragic Shooting

9/10/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0910-the-game-tmz-2

The Game
is giving $10,000 to the family of a 6-year-old girl who was shot and killed outside her family's home this weekend in order to help out with funeral costs ... TMZ has learned.

The story is heartbreaking -- 6-year-old Tiana Ricks was shot and killed when two men approached her family's home in Moreno Valley and opened fire, striking Tiana and her father.

As she lay dying, Tiana reportedly turned to her father and asked, "Are you okay, Daddy?"

The Game read about the tragedy and tweeted, "This very sad story hit me in a place nothing ever has ... Tiana did not know she was shot & kept asking was her father okay."

So Game decided he wanted to help -- tracking down Tiana's family and pledging $10k to cover funeral costs.

FYI -- Game recently announced he's on a mission to give away $1,000,000 of his own money to those in need -- he calls it TheRobinHoodProject -- and this is just one of his charitable contributions.

TMZ spoke with Tiana's mother Marquia Macklin who tells us, "Game told me that he heard about my story and was really sorry.  He said that he wanted to help out and put me in touch with his financial team."

We're told the money is being wired to Marquia today.  Tiana's funeral will be Saturday.

While Marquia says she's extremely grateful for Game's generosity, she tells us, "It costs so much to bury her ... sadly $10,000 only covers half of the casket and the plot.”

As for the shooting, cops are still on the hunt for the culprits -- and encourage anyone with information to contact the Moreno Valley Police Department.

0910_INTAGRAM_GIRL_THE_GAME_sub

SheDontCare

Aw she was so cute

JQ907

Where can we send further donations????

James420

*wouldn't

princeluvr41

:((((( ahhhh baby girl

Change

Rest in peace tiana ricks. This is a sad story and my heart goes out to her family. I'm sure the parents are grateful for the game giving them 10 thousand to help out with their baby's funeral. How much is a funeral? I heard it was very expensive. Maby the 10 grand didn't cover everything??? Either way it goes,that was a very nice gesture from game and at the end of the day,I'm sure the parents appreciate what game has done. Once again,that's was a good deed you did game.

kim

a sad event but luckily the game is showing some good...........ty

Blakkchinah

That is only a partial statement from the mother. She does not sound the least bit ungrateful. A child's casket is more expensive than an adults, but many wouldn't know that because they've never had to bury a child!

Carriejane

My god how sad... Idk who The Game is, but he's got my respect for doing this for that family. its nice to know there are still people in the world who can show Kindness to strangers...reading comments on TMZ a lot one can start to think the world is full of evil people. Thanks "Game" for showing me otherwise. Sadly, you are one in a million. Wish there were more of you !

snowcat

I am not a fan of The Game,personally I think he is an assh*le,but this is a wonderful and generous gesture.

I am very sorry for this mother's loss...but damn what an ungrateful b*tch!!! A total stranger gives you $10,000 towards the funeral...just say THANK YOU!!!!

Jeanne Tutt

OMG! I hope The Game doesn't fall for this. Her funeral and casket should def be covered by far for what he gave them. That's truly sad that it looks like someone is trying to take advantage of the situation and to say that in hopes he will give more! don't look a gift horse in the mouth! I know a family that had 3 kids they had to bury due to a tornado and it didn't cost NEARLY that. no idea what you are looking into giving her for a funeral etc. GEEZ! I feel for your loss and it is a tragedy what happened but he didn't even have to give you the $10 grand!

Rebecca

My condolences to her loved ones :(

verlinda

I buried my Aunt last year for $ 9,000. That included the Funeral, Flowers, Plot and Headstone. Average Funeral is $8,000. Haven't people heard of Insurance. I pay $ 10.00 a month for $25,000 worth of coverage for my 8 year old Grandson

HoTMZ

I looked up funeral costs in her city - burial packages range from $2725 to $3495 with a 65% discount for children. A nice vegetarian plot can be purchased for $3,000 and caskets start at a few hundred to skies the limit. $10,000 was extremely generous.

BellaBoo

What a beautiful little girl she was. R.I.P.

Dgonza

Kudos to the Game! Good move bro!