The Game

Funding 6-Year-Old's Funeral

After Tragic Shooting

9/10/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0910-the-game-tmz-2

The Game
is giving $10,000 to the family of a 6-year-old girl who was shot and killed outside her family's home this weekend in order to help out with funeral costs ... TMZ has learned.

The story is heartbreaking -- 6-year-old Tiana Ricks was shot and killed when two men approached her family's home in Moreno Valley and opened fire, striking Tiana and her father.

As she lay dying, Tiana reportedly turned to her father and asked, "Are you okay, Daddy?"

The Game read about the tragedy and tweeted, "This very sad story hit me in a place nothing ever has ... Tiana did not know she was shot & kept asking was her father okay."

So Game decided he wanted to help -- tracking down Tiana's family and pledging $10k to cover funeral costs.

FYI -- Game recently announced he's on a mission to give away $1,000,000 of his own money to those in need -- he calls it TheRobinHoodProject -- and this is just one of his charitable contributions.

TMZ spoke with Tiana's mother Marquia Macklin who tells us, "Game told me that he heard about my story and was really sorry.  He said that he wanted to help out and put me in touch with his financial team."

We're told the money is being wired to Marquia today.  Tiana's funeral will be Saturday.

While Marquia says she's extremely grateful for Game's generosity, she tells us, "It costs so much to bury her ... sadly $10,000 only covers half of the casket and the plot.”

As for the shooting, cops are still on the hunt for the culprits -- and encourage anyone with information to contact the Moreno Valley Police Department.

0910_INTAGRAM_GIRL_THE_GAME_sub

Isaywatiwant

Heartbreaking

kimkardashianstalkingass

Talk about one step forward, two steps backwards. The Game essentially condones and promotes the gang life style and then he pays for a funeral that was caused by gang lifestyles. Great logic. I bet The Game thinks handing out cigarettes to kids is ok as long as he donates to the lung cancer society. Ok, that's a stretch..... but so is thinking The Game is a good person based on this donation. Way to keep the confusion going strong. Too bad real life and death isn't a Game.

lastrebel

In all honesty, I've never heard of 'Game' but, my hats off to him. It's nice to hear about someone's kindness with so much negative news from team celebrity lately. My condolences to friends and family of Tiana. RIP my young sister. Salute .. Mr. 'Game".

scott

Heartbreaking !!!!!!!!! Leave THE KIDS ALONE!!!!

Robe

In addition to that, I would like to see condemn the gangster music that has made him rich. Its time to take a stand against this garbage that is destroying our existence.

Mike

I've worked in funeral service in Long Beach for over a decade. Only cemetery in Long Beach you can be buried at in Long Beach unless you're Catholic is Forest Lawn. Prices along with service charges are between 6,000.00-7,000.00. Victim assistance in Riverside County pays 5,000.00. Somebody is milking this horrible tragedy!!!

alicia121

It's sad when violence occurs around the world especially to harmless children. My heart goes out to the family and my prayers are with you. Nevertheless I'm reading so ma.y negative comments about the Game contribution towards the funeral expenses. First

meme

Such a beautiful girl. What a shame. Good for this guy for giving back to his community.

CC

RIP to this beautiful little girl. Her mother sounds like an unappreciative ingrate. You can have a very nice funeral for 10k. It's really sad that the mother is trying to use her child as a way to up her financial status. She has to realize no one owes her anything and it is HER responsibility to have had insurance on her child. If you can't make responsible decisions to provide for your child you should consider sterilizing yourself. The Game is being nice, say thank you to the man and realize he didn't have to do it.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

A very thoughtful move on his part, and it is most certainly possible to finance a perfectly nice funeral for $10,000. even today. This women should stick to a budget and be happy with the generosity.

alicia121

of all he didn't have to contribute nothing but it was out of his heart to donate 10,000. It don't matter how many millions he got. Atleast the family is 10,000 out of the hold in expenses. B

jaguirre87

Because she's black! How come he doesn't donate the same amount to the family of the 9 year old Hispanic girl who died last week? You know the dad is going to buy beer and black and milds with that money

Latch Johnson

My 7 year old daughter babies me. Always trying to take care of me, getting me a glass of water or anything and asking how I'm doing. Reading that made me ache inside cause I know if it happened to me, my little girl would have responded to same way. It's horrible and we need to start open executions again. People who murder 6 years old do NOT get a second chance.

Jay W.

RIP Tiana. All I can say is the heavens must have needed her.

Hope they find the s*** that caused this tragedy.

FlamingoKid

Last time I checked Moreno Valley is in Riverside County not L.A. At least an hour away.