The Game

Funding 6-Year-Old's Funeral

After Tragic Shooting

9/10/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0910-the-game-tmz-2

The Game
is giving $10,000 to the family of a 6-year-old girl who was shot and killed outside her family's home this weekend in order to help out with funeral costs ... TMZ has learned.

The story is heartbreaking -- 6-year-old Tiana Ricks was shot and killed when two men approached her family's home in Moreno Valley and opened fire, striking Tiana and her father.

As she lay dying, Tiana reportedly turned to her father and asked, "Are you okay, Daddy?"

The Game read about the tragedy and tweeted, "This very sad story hit me in a place nothing ever has ... Tiana did not know she was shot & kept asking was her father okay."

So Game decided he wanted to help -- tracking down Tiana's family and pledging $10k to cover funeral costs.

FYI -- Game recently announced he's on a mission to give away $1,000,000 of his own money to those in need -- he calls it TheRobinHoodProject -- and this is just one of his charitable contributions.

TMZ spoke with Tiana's mother Marquia Macklin who tells us, "Game told me that he heard about my story and was really sorry.  He said that he wanted to help out and put me in touch with his financial team."

We're told the money is being wired to Marquia today.  Tiana's funeral will be Saturday.

While Marquia says she's extremely grateful for Game's generosity, she tells us, "It costs so much to bury her ... sadly $10,000 only covers half of the casket and the plot.”

As for the shooting, cops are still on the hunt for the culprits -- and encourage anyone with information to contact the Moreno Valley Police Department.

0910_INTAGRAM_GIRL_THE_GAME_sub

Beeps

10,000 was more that what you had at first. Some people get greddy and forget the goodness that is being done for them.

Jada1077

I agree a THANK U IS IN ODER...... I just buried my aunt and 10,000 dollars is most defiantly enough....
RIP Taina and those who lost there love ones... Gone but Never Forgotten.....

Reka@44

I love the game..... That was very Sweet of him..... rest in peace Tiana...

chicagoannie

Nice thing The Game did. I have no idea who he is but that was very sweet. Tiana was a beautiful little girl. So heartbreaking that little kids get caught up in the problems of adults.

chicagoannie

I agree. And you can have low cost funeral and burial. We took care of my MIL last fall for well under $10K and it was a very nice service and she has a nice plot. We will buy a head stone next year when we can afford it.

mom in midwest

It may cost more in LA for funerals, definitely more for land (plot). 10 grand would only get you a very modest funeral in the Midwest. However I think if you went to a funeral home and said this is all I have, find a way to work with it, a good funeral home would do it. Props to Game for stepping up.

LiveOutLoud

My heart goes out to this family.

RIPtiana

TIAN RICKS FAMILY IS EXTREMELY GREATFUL & HUMBLED BY THE GAME VERY GENEROUS DONATION. THEY ALL HAVE TOLD HIM THIS SEVERAL TIMES!! THEY ARE OVERWHELMED BY THE LOVE & SUPPORT THEY HAVE RECEIVED FROM SO SO MANY!! I know for a FACT the services are going to be about 20k!! Get ur heads out of ur ASS!! Their little girl was MURDERED!! Have some RESPECT!!!!!!!

JohnMoss

[url=http://www.discoverbloggingwithjohnchowreview.blogspot.com/]blogging with john chow review[/url]

RIPtiana

The game is from compton, he raps about what he knows. Which is what most artists do!!! That doesn't make him a bad person, it makes him relatable & human. We are ALL products of our environment, we can grow, learn, change & be a totally multifaceted human being!!! Wow!!! Ever heard of that!?! He's got heart...something essential to this life!

LaurensMom

Regardless of what comments this innocent baby girls mother makes, Game did a wonderful thing. The picture of little Hana is heartbreaking, what a sweet soul she must have been. I hope Game reads comments here and knows that what he's done has touched my heart and many others as well. Thank you Game for being able and willing to insure this baby gets the dignified service she deserves. I hope the people who are responsible for this most heinous crime are caught and punished for the rest of their lives.

La Vonne

If this Mom is so use to the best, why doesn't she own a life insurance policy. More than enough cash. IRS, tax her for the gift. THANKS GAME!!!!

kim

Other celebs should take notice and put up money to find the monsters that did this & bring them to justice. Sickos!

BRENDA SIMMONS

STUPID!!, WTF??

BRENDA SIMMONS

WTFlip, are you happy now??