Ariana Grande

SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

... Doctor's Orders

9/11/2013 3:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0911-ariana-grande-tmzAriana Grande is under strict orders from her doctors to keep her mouth SHUT after frying her vocal chords this week -- no talking, no singing, nothing -- and it's throwing a wrench into her big media blitz, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Ariana tell us, the singer performed at Club Nokia Monday night in L.A. and badly strained her vocal chords. The next morning, she appeared on a radio show and couldn't sing.

We're told Ariana freaked out and immediately went to the doctor, who gave her the bad news ... no singing or talking for AT LEAST 4 days, meaning Ariana's team has had to cancel multiple media appearances, including The Queen Latifah Show and The Arsenio Hall Show.

It's a crippling blow to suffer at such an explosive time in her career -- her debut album just topped the charts at #1 ... and now she can't capitalize on the publicity.

Bummer.

NobodySpecial

FOUR DAYS ? I hope her PR people are not trying to use this to make her name more kmown because its a pretty lame attempt.

Marsy

Selena Gomez couldn't talk and she appeared on the George Lopez show with a "text to voice" computer. :P The audience loved it.

cacophonica

I can not stand this girls voice while she talks, I can't imagine her sounding any better when singing. My 12 year old can not watch Sam and Kat in my presense, she's that bad.

Nick

How in the WORLD is Queen Latifah supposed to have a talk show while she's in the closet? Isn't the whole point to connect with the audience on an intimate level?

Rich Guzinya

A crying shame she can't do the rounds. I'm sure everyone is heartbroken. Who is this by the way?

Baby pink

TMZ "pleas" fix the CANDY*CRUSH problem!! Yall r losing viewers by handfulls..

amyd

Man, I wish that happened to quite a few people I know. Never even heard of this chick

Los Pepes

She really not a great live as with most flavor of the month singers

J-Ro

Wait, wait, wa.... Queen Latifah has a show?!

Dubbz360

The song she got out is garbage

BroRo

Love her! She's so cute!!

Alienchicken

If she's trying to be famous she should have changed her name it's hiteous.

zoolady

who?

budweediii

If she is this young, and already having voice issues, maybe singing is not your calling. I blame that stupid voice she uses on her tv shows for causing the problem. (I'm sure the world can live without another cookie cutter dienyesque "singer" muddying up the waters anyway)

cindy

Who paid you to put this up here TMZ?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments