Nicki Minaj

I Skated On Traffic Ticket

9/11/2013 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0911_nicki_minaj_tmzNicki Minaj appears to have gotten a big pass by a starstruck cop who was on the verge of writing the singer a ticket ... until the officer realized who she was about to bust.

Nicki tweeted a pic of a note she says she wrote to the cop's daughter, in which she wrote, "My beautiful barb Ayana!  You and your mom are amazing!  Love always, Nicki."

0911_nicki-minaj-letter

Nicki says Ayana's mom is a traffic cop who was about to write her up.

It's unclear what traffic violation Nicki allegedly committed, but what is pretty clear ... sometimes it pays to be a celeb.

We reached out to several law enforcement agencies in the NYC area -- where Nicki is currently hanging out for Fashion Week -- but so far we don't know which agency let her skate.

One interesting thing ... an NYPD official told us ... they weren't going to investigate to see if it happened in their jurisdiction, because they had way more important things to do.  Fair point.

0426_cop_encounters_footer

buzz kill

The cop should be fired for essentially taking a bribe.

charl62089

Oh yeah, forgoy to mention the ones I got for going 37, 49, 41 & 42 in a 30 mph the last 3 mos thx to Big Brother Camera's

Jordan

The cop did not Stop and Frisk her?

Jordan

This just proves cops are Dirty.

traitorwithinme

Chris dorner would had given her the ticket

PictureUp

stupid story overall with no real proof its even true so why is this news? the talking sockpuppet's days are numbered as a celeb anyway!

Jannie

I have gotten away with just a warning from a traffic stop and I'm not famous nor particularly ravishing. So I find this to be no big deal. NOOOOOW, Lindsay and other celebs getting away with vehicular kidnapping, driving while intoxicated, speeding in a gated community full of children, etc, etc, THAT'S what really p*sses me off.

Sherms

And now this cop needs to be fired.

Columbo

Golf. You got that right.

todd lee

Why isnt there a law about that crap? Why cant a cop get in trouble for that B.S.?

DogsRule

SICKENING!

ChinLee3

Hop that cops job was worth it!

Brian

What's wrong with stars today? Don't talk about this stuff. I'm sure it's not legal for cops to let a star off when they would ticket a normal person. LeBron James was bad enough but this is really dumb.

Duckie21

TMZ. Searching agencied tryin to get the lady fired.. But why is this breaking news?

Ms.Hutton

When I think of how much a officer puts on the line to approach a car added to all the crap they have to put up with I imagine seeing a celeb they like is a few steps above seeing a friendly face. I don't care for Nicki but I'm glad the officer could give the note to her kid.

PS Does everyone have trouble scrolling the TMZ main page or is it just me?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments