Nicole Kidman

Pressing Charges

9/12/2013 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0912_a_nicole_kidman_knocked_over_launch_v2
update_bar
2:05 PM PDT :
Witnesses at the scene tell us ... Nicole has no visible injuries.  Cops are saying they will write Wu a ticket for riding his bike on the sidewalk, but will not arrest him for a criminal offense. One cop said, "An accident's an accident."

gray-bar-update
Nicole Kidman
is pressing charges against a paparazzo who crashed into her on a bicycle, knocking her to the ground.

Nicole had just left the Calvin Klein show for New York's Fashion Week and was returning to the Carlyle Hotel.  As she walked toward the entrance, a freelance photog named Carl Wu was roaring toward her on his bike.

Witnesses tell TMZ ... as Wu got dangerously close to Nicole, he appeared to hit his brakes, but it didn't do the trick.  He slammed into her and she went crashing to the ground.

A photog who was there tells TMZ ... Nicole was furious and said she wanted to press charges against Wu.  Nicole called the cops, and they're on the way right now.

Wu is a notorious photog who has had run-ins with other celebs, including Lada Gaga.  There's actually a Tumblr account called, "F**k You Carl Wu."

0912_ambulance_fire_truck_at_scene
As for Nicole ... no word on whether she's injured -- though paramedics were on scene ... just in case.

update_bar
4:45 PM PDT:  We just got video of Carl Wu leaving the police station.  He wasn't in the mood to chat.

091213_carl_wu_launch
gray-bar-update

0912_kidman_nyfw_launch

usmaels1

Being an Aussie gal, it would not have surprised me if she had got up and the beat the crap out of Wu. That would have been priceless.

Richard

Poor little prima donna .... try whining about this in such cities as Tokyo, Singapore, Hanoi, Seoul, where bicycles and motorbikes are ubiquitous, or in Amsterdam where bicycles have the right of way. What a spoiled, rich brat !

DiM

I would have been shocked and a little shaken up -she probably thought it was Scientologists trying to kill her again.

August

The bike never touched that BOTOX'D FREAK, who abandoned her adopted children.

TheRealJerseyShore

For the police to say an accident is an accident is just irresponsible. Somebody is always responsible. Sorry you tripped over your shoelace and crashed into me by "accident" but your "accident" caused me to break my wrist. It might have been an accident on your part but you are still responsible for my injuries and will pay my medical bills.
I'm just making a point that just because it's an "accident" doesn't mean there isn't responsibility.

chicagoannie

Look at the little weasel run away from the paps wanting to question HIM! What a turd.

Michael Nappi

I'm glad she's not hurt but I'd never forgive myself if I didn't offer to kiss her boo boo. Every time I see her I'll always think "Hemingway and Ghellhorn"

Tax

What a chicken, It's ok to stock celebrities but when the camera is on you, you duck and run. What a coward!

Karin

Good for her !! Hope the ****ing paparazzo gets jail time. I was knocked over by a an idiot on a bicycle once who decided not to respect the red light. The ******* disappeared and left me with a broken elbow. Had to wear a casket for month plus another month of rehab.

Val

He should have charges filed against him! He could have really hurt her badly. Then maybe he'll think twice about how he rides that bike before he hurts someone else.

Piper

Everyone should be allowed to knock down pappar****bags. They are the s*** of the earth.

Joanne

This was intentional. The man should be arrested of assault and battery.

Buddy The Elf

Just have another surgery, Nicole. Nobody will notice.

gjp

These s***bag paparazzi including the idiots yes idiots who also work for you yes TMZ need to be thrown in jail , so hideous and disgusting what they will do for a money shot or reaction...Sue Sue Nicole , they are pigs in the worst way....

CaliCakes702

I think he legitimately tried to stop. A little too late, but he tried. That old bag of bones Kidman would've fallen on her own sooner or later.