David Tutera, Former Partner

Split Babies

in Half

9/13/2013 6:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0913_david_ryan_01

David Tutera -- the host of "My Fair Wedding" -- followed the biblical path in his split with Ryan Jurica  -- he gets one of their twins, and Ryan gets one.

The two men had a 10-year domestic partnership that blew apart in January ... and it got UGLY.  And there was a big complication -- they had fraternal twins through a surrogate in July, and that triggered a bitter custody battle.

Now here's the complication.  Each man fertilized an egg that was then implanted in the same surrogate, who gave birth to the two babies at the same time.  It appears the eggs are from the same biological mother.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... a judge has issued a temporary custody arrangement in which David gets custody of his biological child, baby girl Cielo, and Ryan gets custody of his biological child, Cedric.

We're told David and Ryan are "close" to a final settlement, where the temporary custody arrangement will become permanent.

We're also told the two men are getting along.  It's unclear if they will each get visitation rights of each other's kid. So we gotta ask ...

FYI, Tutera had a chance to explain himself on "The View" this morning. Check the clip.

091313_david_tutera_view_launch
 0802_whos_daddy_footer_v2

KAC

I have twins & this decision is OUTRAGEOUS. They would be completely lost without each other, they are best friends! Shame on all the selfish adults involved & the bonehead judge that is allowing this nonsense.

Hanapana

Children are NOT property.

Carriejane

Wait... I'm so confused can someone please answer this... if they are from different sperm, different men..um how are they twins ? cause I am assuming when you fertilize an egg that way, its already gonna be 2 different eggs.. I'm sorry if you take 2 different eggs, and 2 different man's sperm, Just because you throw them in the same womb don't make them real twins right ? I'm asking, so theres no need to attack me if I'm wrong.. am I wrong ? its really confusing

HoTMZ

Why the hell is the judge putting these grown men's interests before the babies??? The twins should grow up with each other not separated! David earns a lot more than his ex either he should appeal demanding custody of both or if he doesn't want to take on that responsibility, they should be put up for adoption into the same family together!!!!!!!!!!!

Scout

Are they really, technically twins or just babies who were in the same womb at the same time?

With different fathers, they don't share the same DNA. They share 1/2 from the same mother, if the same mother provided the egg, but none from the father.

Hmmmmmm.......

Sunnyboy

Started wrong and ended wrong. Too much experimenting with nature.. what the hell is this tic tic toe, you do one and I do the other.

sodontcare

I love how everyone's like...gay rights but the gay people cant stay married for 5 seconds....at least celebs anyway.

lilian

As a mom of twins and a divorced woman of 5 years. The one GREAT thing that came out of my divorce was keeping my kids together; there is a way to split custody if they can set aside their differences and look at the darn big picture!

Shaas8

Totally completing brainless idiot nasty selfish egotistical parents.

lilypad

I am a twin....that being said, I think they could both be adults and figure out what is good for these children instead of splitting them apart. I couldn't imagine not being around my twin growing up.

HumanNature

THESE CHILDREN ARE "NOT" TWINS!!!!!

THEY HAVE DIFFERENT "FATHERS"!!!!!

TRY LEARNING ABOUT "BIOLOGY"!!!!!

Luz

Is anyone thinking about the children?

karri

SHAME ON YOU MEN!!!! You both can't grow up for the sake of your kids????? If you make this choice you are PURPOSELY screwing up the kids' lives... And HEY YOU dumb asses you're in the spotlight, and they WILL find out. THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST SELFISH THINGS I'VE EVER HEARD OF.... GROW UP!!!!!!!!

jay26mc

Children are not possessions. What a ridiculous deal.

yabber

Who knew two sorry three people that don't know each other having a child or twins in this case would be such a complete disaster oh yah ever one .