'Big Brother' Star Britney Haynes

2-Month-Old Baby Diagnosed with Cancer

9/16/2013 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0916_britney_haynes_bigbrother_01

"Big Brother" star Britney Haynes -- who competed on the show in 2010 and 2012 -- has revealed her 2-month-old daughter has been diagnosed with cancer.

The 27-year-old reality star, along with her husband Ryan Godwin, broke the news on Facebook ... writing, "On September 1st, we were among the daily 720 sets of parents to be absolutely devastated with a Childhood Cancer diagnosis."

Britney's daughter, Tilly, was born on July 13.

Haynes continued, "Please take the time to pray for all these children, our sweet baby included. We appreciate each and every one."

Over the weekend, Britney tweeted a photo of Tilly -- writing, "Thank you for all of the thoughts, wishes, and prayers for my precious girl. She's everything to me."

0916_britney_haynes_daughter_twitter

slam dunk

Keep you head up I pray everything will be alright.

Laurie

Soo, so sad. thought and prayers are with you all!

snowy

Prayers and thoughts for this baby. :(

SinCyn1167

Britney I know how you feel about a year ago my grandson was diagnosis with stage 4 liver cancer and it was in his lungs he was 2 years old he has Hepatoblastoma .. He had his chemo and the had 1 surgery on his lung to take the cancer out that was Nov 14,2012 and Dec 16,2012 he received a new liver .. He is now cancer free and back to are little boy ! So keep the faith sending out prayers

antigirlygirl

How very sad. I hope the baby will get through this.

JennA

I don't watch 'Big Brother' and have never heard of Britney, but I feel like I just got punched in the stomach reading this. Cancer at any age is terrible, but 2 months?? I hope and pray that baby can be treated and go on to live a healthy life. This is so sad.

Stupid ppl

I hope the little angel makes it through my prayers are with her and family.

lkelly816

So, so sad for this family. Can't imagine at what should be such a joyful event turn into such devastation. Prayers are with you and positive thoughts your baby will beat this.

Kristinajp

I'm not even a baby person but that baby looks adorable in that pic, even her feet look cute the way they are positioned against each other. I'm so sad to hear she has cancer, I can't imagine how a baby even gets cancer????

Cthrew

Oh God, how could you do that?

Brian

This is too bad. I hope it isn't one of the really bad childhood cancers. What's bad is the US government spends money on cancer research and childhood cancers get the smallest amount of funding. How in the world can they do that? Lung cancer gets a lot of money. If people quit smoking lung cancer will almost disappear. Start spending money on childhood cancers Washington.

Factual

Horrible. I am truly sorry for your pain.

Angel Morado

I loved Britney on BB...I'm so hurt and crushed! Britney you and your beautiful angel has my deepest prayers.

Christina

This is heart breaking to hear. My 10 year old son has Stage IV Neuroblastoma and is now on hospice after relapsing several months ago. It hurts to hear that any other family has to walk in the shoes we are walking in. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Have they released the name of the type of cancer their daughter has yet?

facebook.com/PrayersforTillyGodwin

You should add a link to the Prayers for Tilly Godwin Facebook page, it has 800+ "likes"