Drake & The Game

We'll Help Pay for Funerals

After 5 Kids Die In Tragic Ohio Housefire

9/17/2013 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0817_drake_game_tmz
Drake and The Game are teaming up to help cover funeral costs for 6 people -- including 5 young siblings -- who died in a tragic house fire in Ohio ... even though the rappers didn't know the victims.

The Game got the ball rolling after learning about Anna Angel -- who was working her shift at Burger King when a fire consumed her home while her 5 young children and her boyfriend were trapped inside. There were no survivors.

0917_annas_family_insatgram
Game Instagram'd about the tragedy ... saying, "I can deal with a lot of things but people losing their children is something that kills me every time."

The Game -- who recently pledged to donate $1 million dollars to people in need as part of his Robin Hood project -- says he was on the phone with Drake when he read about the woman's loss ... and they each agreed to donate $10,000 to help Anna cover the burial costs.

Drake later posted about the situation ... saying, "What [The Game] is doing will never be forgotten. Honored to be able to help people along side my brother."

In addition to their $20K ... the producers of Game'sTV show, "Marrying the Game" also pitched in $2,500.

As we previously reported, Game recently donated several thousand dollars to help out with another funeral after a 6-year-old girl was shot and killed in front of her home. Snoop also pitched in after learning about Game's contribution.

James420

Guessing they feel a little guilty about how they make a living promoting violence. They are still both useless human beings who help to destroy our youth with that crap they call music

mom in midwest

I think it's great. No one is perfect, let's celebrate the positive.

AllAmerican

They could donate every penny they make and haters will hate smh spineless people hiding behind computers.

PG

Good deed? Yes. PR stunt? Yes.

Eileen

I'm touched by this act of generosity. Maybe their kind act will influence certain other "celebrities" on this site to be better people.

Jay

I think that is awesome.

ioomian

Sorry but I can not find one single negative remark & or comment to say & or make about this story. GOOD JOB MEN!!!

firebaby

my goodness, that poor woman.... to lose a baby is terrible, but to lose all of your babies??? no one should ever have to go through something like that,,,,
my thoughts and prayers are with her at this time...

Matt m

Finally they are doing good. Thanks guys for caring

Socalpimp

10k and all the self congratulating they can take

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

I am so sad for this family.

MissSarcasm

to those of you saying "if they meant it they would have stayed anonymous"- #1 we should never put rules on generosity. I honestly don't care WHY someone does something good. Acts of kindness are contagious. The more you do good, the better you feel, the more you want to do more good deeds. So even if it is for publicity, it's still a kindness being committed and put out. When other people see/hear of other doing selfless things, they tend to me more amenable to doing the same. Good on ya to The Game, Drake, and everyone else who takes an opportunity to make the world a kinder place- whatever their reasons may be.

Meg

The reaSon they weren't anonymous is because now this poor woman's plight is public. They used their money and popularity for good. All there is to it- can't make it negative, trolls

I DON'T GIVE A F

The generosity is a good look... but 20,000 to cover funeral expenses for 5 is not going far enough considering the goal.

Mshelley

These are two good guys anf my new favorite rappers. God Bless them