Drake & The Game

We'll Help Pay for Funerals

After 5 Kids Die In Tragic Ohio Housefire

9/17/2013 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0817_drake_game_tmz
Drake and The Game are teaming up to help cover funeral costs for 6 people -- including 5 young siblings -- who died in a tragic house fire in Ohio ... even though the rappers didn't know the victims.

The Game got the ball rolling after learning about Anna Angel -- who was working her shift at Burger King when a fire consumed her home while her 5 young children and her boyfriend were trapped inside. There were no survivors.

0917_annas_family_insatgram
Game Instagram'd about the tragedy ... saying, "I can deal with a lot of things but people losing their children is something that kills me every time."

The Game -- who recently pledged to donate $1 million dollars to people in need as part of his Robin Hood project -- says he was on the phone with Drake when he read about the woman's loss ... and they each agreed to donate $10,000 to help Anna cover the burial costs.

Drake later posted about the situation ... saying, "What [The Game] is doing will never be forgotten. Honored to be able to help people along side my brother."

In addition to their $20K ... the producers of Game'sTV show, "Marrying the Game" also pitched in $2,500.

As we previously reported, Game recently donated several thousand dollars to help out with another funeral after a 6-year-old girl was shot and killed in front of her home. Snoop also pitched in after learning about Game's contribution.

sr

Look at that black people helping white people its about time. Hope these rappers get thier karma back 10 folds!

NOT ELMO

Drake & The Game...............i Still Don't Like Them

The_truth_will_set_you_free

I've decided that celebrity hatred and scrutiny is a fun past time for the hopeless, ugly, useless and lazy... It's fun to critique the seemingly rich and beautiful because your life sucks... So sad

The_truth_will_set_you_free

My heart goes out to this woman... I wish I could do more for my community than recycle and drive a hybrid car but my cash is tight as hell... Student ****ing loans for a degree that does not benefit me :( damn! I'm done talking now

Mrs Jackson

Black people helping white people that's kind of nice

Ferndog68

Snoop wanted to contribute but he spent the money on weed

Wow ...

May they all rest in peace. I just can't imagine Anna's loss and pain. May her heart find peace.

Kudos to Game (whom I have never been a fan of) and Drake.

Jordy

While a very nice gesture, $20,000 for 5 burials is hardly enough. It costs a ridiculous amount of money to bury one person let alone five.

anonymous

It's a good start for them. I'm glad to see this happening and feel bad for the family. How terrible for them.

Tiffany

It is actually nice to read good stories about them and not the bad all the time. I remember a long time ago Snoop (dog) Lion was talking how the media only covers the bad things rappers do and never cover the charity or the kind things they do. It is just nice for a change to see charitable work being done.

liquid kitty

And this is how it's done. Pay attention world.

Keyser Söze

Haters will hate, and will literally go to hell with their hatred. Licking sh*t-filled asses and getting raped.

The rest of us truly appreciates that people like you are around, gentlemen. God bless you and yours.

Your S&M Girlfriend

I don't understand why you haters are saying something bad about this. That family had nothing but each other to begin with and that woman lost all of them. Good Lord, I can't even imagine ...

Sunnyboy

Well done guys!!!!!!! keep the positives rolling.

Phil Osopher