Drake & The Game

We'll Help Pay for Funerals

After 5 Kids Die In Tragic Ohio Housefire

9/17/2013 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0817_drake_game_tmz
Drake and The Game are teaming up to help cover funeral costs for 6 people -- including 5 young siblings -- who died in a tragic house fire in Ohio ... even though the rappers didn't know the victims.

The Game got the ball rolling after learning about Anna Angel -- who was working her shift at Burger King when a fire consumed her home while her 5 young children and her boyfriend were trapped inside. There were no survivors.

0917_annas_family_insatgram
Game Instagram'd about the tragedy ... saying, "I can deal with a lot of things but people losing their children is something that kills me every time."

The Game -- who recently pledged to donate $1 million dollars to people in need as part of his Robin Hood project -- says he was on the phone with Drake when he read about the woman's loss ... and they each agreed to donate $10,000 to help Anna cover the burial costs.

Drake later posted about the situation ... saying, "What [The Game] is doing will never be forgotten. Honored to be able to help people along side my brother."

In addition to their $20K ... the producers of Game'sTV show, "Marrying the Game" also pitched in $2,500.

As we previously reported, Game recently donated several thousand dollars to help out with another funeral after a 6-year-old girl was shot and killed in front of her home. Snoop also pitched in after learning about Game's contribution.

Meow

Like :)

ju

now these are heartfelt stories I want to hear not about kanye and kim how they spend their millions on themselves these guys are the real heros keep these kind of stories coming and take out that trashisian trash

GwennyG

This poor woman! I cannot imagine what she must be going through. The offer to pay for burial expenses is beautiful indeed.

tucker

What a tragedy. I'm sure the help is appreciated. Nice of these guys to step up for a stranger.

lapunkin13

why should their good deeds be publicized? 10 grand for each of them is nothing...the equivalent of a new set of rims on their overpriced rides....
Do "good" if you can afford it,but do it quietly...

Liz

I may not have heard about this story in Texas. Since they made their donations public and have made me aware of the situation. I will now go online to find a website to donate because the 22,500.00 will not be enough to bury five. Good idea guys

Lovin life!!!

Thank u the game and drake for helping someone that dont have it keep up the good work

Blackpower

Good job

Itoldu

Dear God,what a tragedy.
Thank you for stepping up to the plate.
Haters,put you $$$$,where your mouth is.
Otherwise,STFU.

FlamingoKid

The first real famous person to do this that we know of. He doesn't even care what color they are, cool guy.

rlemons

I'm not gonna lie I assumed he would only help out his race after the previous story. I'm ashamed I thought that. Clearly his heart is in the right place. This story is heartbreaking.

Whatever

Good moves on their part. I don't really care if they took credit. The point is they did it. Bieber...take a lesson.

Carriejane

Amazing.

Deelight

This people is how we can fight racism. it shows that some people have great hearts. More or these stories should be told and less hate crimes!!!

nyc44th

This is ridiculous! . . The gesture is nice, but making a press statement about it is what's ridiculous. It reminds me of . . . "how can I show everyone how humble I am if I don't tell everyone how humble I am?" . . . The kind of money some of these people make they SHOULD do things like this . . . but do it with dignity by doing it anonymously. They spend this much in strip clubs hanging with pals. This just happens to be a worthy cause.